Has anyone ever had this issue? My wife's 8330 has it set to auto dim ... General Blackberry forum

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Backlight won't go off

Advertisement

Has anyone ever had this issue? My wife's 8330 has it set to auto dim and to dim after 10 seconds. We tried everything, changing themes, battery pull etc.

It goes of when I hit save in the screen/keyboard option then it goes off but it comes on about a minute later.
    Any help would be great. Thanks
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Have you installed anything new,like an os upgrade?If so,you could reinstall it or change it to a new os.If you added a new app shortly before this started, you could delete it an see if that solves it.But if neither of those was the cause,I'd consider seeing if you can have it replaced under the warranty.Hopefully someone here has a more sure fired answer for you.I hope I helped at least a little.

oconnke1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The auto-dim and BL timeout are different. Auto-dim changes the brightness from high to low or low to high , but doesn't turn the BL on/off. BL timeout is the duration from the time the last event occurred that required the BL until the BL turns off.

Do you have something covering the LED that's in the top-right corner? It seems to be the location of the sensor that causes the backlight to auto-dim.

Some applications turn the BL on, such as GPS apps. What apps are running?