I apologize if this has been asked already, I attempted a search but didn't come ... General Blackberry forum

emonique333 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Backlight Question

Advertisement

I apologize if this has been asked already, I attempted a search but didn't come up with anything. When the backlight is off & I receive a new email/text is there a way to have the backlight come back on automactically? I've looked under options but perhaps I'm not looking in the right place? Any help would be appreciated.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Backlight Question

I don't think there is an option for this. The reason the backlight goes off by itself is to save battery life. I know you can have the LED set to blink when you have a message that has not been read. This option would be found in your profiles menu.

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Do a search for bblight. Its a free utility that allows a more granular control of the backlight. It might be in the Pinstack download section.

AL904 no está en línea Stack level 2

I was surprised to learn (from a friend who is a new, first-time Blackberry user,) that there is no option on the Blackberry to set the backlight to turn on automatically when a call is coming in. I seldom use my Blackberry for voice, so I have never had a need for that feature.

I suggested he try BBLight, and he installed it. However, he tells me that BBLight doesn't have that feature either.

Does anybody know of any additional third-party applications that would solve that problem?
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Using Bold with at&t
    Forum for PTT Users

AL904 no está en línea Stack level 2

I think I found an answer for my own and emonique333's questions.

Pocket Day includes the features
    Enable Backlight on Alarm - turns the backlight on whenever a sound based alarm goes off
    Enable Backlight on Email Receipt (great for 7100 devices)
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Using Bold with at&t
    Forum for PTT Users

emonique333 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks everyone for your answers. And another thanks to AL904 for the above link. I'll have to give a try.