Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there anything that would allow me to back up my BBM contacts to my ... General Blackberry forum

tego10122 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2A5EC

backing up your BBM buddys to your microsd

Advertisement

Is there anything that would allow me to back up my BBM contacts to my microSD card?
    Twitter / Facebook / Portfolio
    1,000 Business Cards. Designed, Printed, Shipped to your door step. For $125.00
    Your Creative Monster ©

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    yes if u have the new bbm its in the options to save it to the memcard/phone its self

if u dont have it go here and read a lil http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/461009/blog1413.html

i did a post and video of the new bbm if u wanna see what it looks like and stuff but that's the only way to do what u want right now

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Then all I would have to do is swap my media card and then choose Restore Contact List when I get my replacement 8120? I gotta send the other one back due to a worn out trackball.

PIN/ID
    just ask

mzniki0921 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30FB3AD8
    thatd be an amazing idea but i really think the only way you can back up bbm contact is from yur desktop manager or if you write em down or somethin

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mzniki0921 View Post
    thatd be an amazing idea but i really think the only way you can back up bbm contact is from yur desktop manager or if you write em down or somethin
    yes that is one way cause when the dm does or ask for a backup it says the ipb and u can use this to open it to get the contacts if u wanna right them down or save it in a text doc http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html

or just restore the ipb to get them back but if u dont wanna use the dm software get the bbm5 and it has the options right into it and also does a autobackup if u check this in the bbm options which is better cause if u add people and keep adding people it will keep doing the backup and have the contacts u just added unlike if u do it with the dm software u will have to plug it into pc everyday to make a fresh backup

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mzniki0921 View Post
    The new leaked BBM 5.0 does let you back up your contacts to your device memory or media card, your choice
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

mzniki0921 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30FB3AD8
    lol yea i didnt know the new bbm did that til after i posted... sorry yall!!!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah cross your fingers, it may be device specific, has anyone looked at the bbm backup file and checked if maybe there might be some thing in it that only lets you restore it on the device it was made on?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    just ask
    i have another device here i will try it on that and report back

----------edit-------------
    i think that all it would do if it was another device with a diff pin is ask the people to add u again but i will find out

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    it worked going from my flip pearl to my storm and back again.
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    Yeah cross your fingers, it may be device specific, has anyone looked at the bbm backup file and checked if maybe there might be some thing in it that only lets you restore it on the device it was made on?
    It loads the backup file to your memory card. I went through this 2 days ago.

I had to do a Switch Device Wizard via DM from my 8120 back to my 8100 and I was able to restore the exact same contact list onto the 8100 (this shocked me because I couldn't get BBM 5.0 to load onto my 8100 for the life of me). I gotta do another Switch Device Wizard via DM when I get my new 8120 (hopefully later today as I got 2 texts from T-Mobile letting me know the exchange request had been received, processed and the phone was shipped) and reload everything onto it.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    well good to see it works when u do load the backup.bak onto another device with bbm5 that it loads it all thanks for testing that leet i could not find my other 8130 thats layin around to see

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    i went from bold to tour and it worked perfectly
    Tour on 4.7.1.53

tego10122 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2A5EC
    @Brianjr1988

I love BBM 5.0 , lol. Had to give all of my friends a copy. They love it too!
    Twitter / Facebook / Portfolio
    1,000 Business Cards. Designed, Printed, Shipped to your door step. For $125.00
    Your Creative Monster ©

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast