Hi everyone... I got problems!!! I've got a Blackberry 8310. . I look after our ... General Blackberry forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Backing Up Apps

Advertisement

Hi everyone...

I got problems!!!

I've got a Blackberry 8310. . I look after our BB users and the BES so I've got loads and loads of applications that I've downloaded to it for testing to then push to the users.

But now, theroller ball is broke on my device. I'll have it replaced by the carrier, but they only do a swap out on the day of replacement.

So, I'm not able to do the 'Device Switch Wizard' on Device Manager.

How can I get the these valuable apps off my BB and then install them back to my replacement 8310?

Or even better, how do I back up these apps purely for backup?

Any ideas?

Thank you...

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    You shouldn't have to use the trackball on your BB to backup applications. That navigation is done by your pc's mouse. I say hook your BB up to BB Desktop Mgr on your own pc and do a backup and restore so you have the applications saved for later use.

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Thanks for the reply, but the issue is with actually backing up my apps and not the roller ball, sorry if I misled you.

But, I think I've figured a way.

Use DM to do a switch device, select third party apps only, then, once its done the backup, don't finish the process.

Instead look for a newly created filed with your PIN in a temp directory and copy it somehwere safe.

Then cancel the DM process.

Now you've got a safe back up of your precious third party apps.

Hope this helps.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~