Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I saw the option a couple of times on different OS 4.2s that I downloaded ... General Blackberry forum

Advertisement

I saw the option a couple of times on different OS 4.2s that I downloaded and installed on an old 8700g. First from Vodafone in Germany (because they introduced the first 4.2 for the 87xx series and we had no patience ) and then from T-Mobile when they offered 4.2 for 8700g last summer (2007). I had assumed that it was on all 4.2 OSs and newer, but looks like my assumption was incorrect. It seemed like kind of an odd add-on, and the menu option to use/change colors was in the security area instead of screen/keyboard where it would be more logical. I posted here at Pinstack wondering why the option was in options>security and fellow stackers thought I was pulling a practical joke because they did not have it on their devices, and I had to post screenshots to prove that it was there

In the menu option, the choice was spelled "Colour" instead of "Color", so I've assumed that it may have been intended for a specific market where "colour" is the accepted spelling. Dunno, but it's been a truly odd BB trivia story!
    Last edited by Mark Stone; 08-03-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I got noda on my 8830 with 4.5.51~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    <<8100, I don't see it either. That stinks, I would love to have a nice pink background when viewing my messages. Oh well, maybe we will all get lucky and something will come out in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by antoinetteL3 View Post
    <<8100, I don't see it either. That stinks, I would love to have a nice pink background when viewing my messages. Oh well, maybe we will all get lucky and something will come out in the future.
    Yesterday I downloaded and installed OS 4.5 for my 8700g, and the option changed but it's still there! In 4.5.0.52, downloaded from Orange and installed on my T-Mobile 8700g, you can make a colored border around messages, as opposed to coloring the background. The option is still in the security menu.

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Yesterday I downloaded and installed OS 4.5 for my 8700g, and the option changed but it's still there! In 4.5.0.52, downloaded from Orange and installed on my T-Mobile 8700g, you can make a colored border around messages, as opposed to coloring the background. The option is still in the security menu.
    Checked but I didn't see anything. I don't think it's an option for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12