Ok after reading the posts regarding charges on BB msngr I called tmo last night ... General Blackberry forum

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Back to the tmobile vs blackberry support I go

Advertisement

Ok after reading the posts regarding charges on BB msngr I called tmo last night the tmo guy said AAAAH BB send the call to the other guy. The other guy was "special" sent me to another, sounds like a tennis match, finally got the info on msngr billing, I thought, billed as data.
    Nope after being on msngr for a few hours I checked tmo web site WOW. 200+ text. WTF so again I called tmo, tried billing again BB, to the next guy etc, etc, finally got the right answer and a large credit on my account. BB msngr is billed as text, the catch you have to have the data plan to use it????? seems odd. just letting you all know. As some don't have unlimited text. WATCHOUT. of course its always sorry this and I apologize that.
    ok i'm over it thanx for reading my little rant
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    Woah!
    Hahaha! Crazy T-Mobile! Good thing I never use BB Messenger!

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    BB messenger isn't text....The OZ client uses text. Oz Client = aol,icq,msn,yahoo messenger. If you didn't have blackberry internet service activated you couldnt use BB messenger. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nswered-3.html

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    Well... That explains why Lindsay Lohan never sent me a PIN message
    Hahaha! I don't have any internet!
    Hahaha! Well, this has been an Eye opening thread for all of us...
    Hmm... Well, Lindsay, if you're reading this, ummm send me a private message! Hahaha!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    gadget thats the prob bb msngr is part of the data plan but is billed as text from tmo just to clarify I will call earlier in the day to see if a higher up is available. will let you know
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Kayos72 did you read the link? It will answer your ?'S.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Are you sure you're referring to Blackberry Messenger and not some other IM app? I don't even see how they could accidentally bill for messages sent via the PIN infrastructure.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    its not accidental. tmo says BB msngr is billed as text, but you have to have data plan to use it. any tmo rep around?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    I am not a TMobile rep, but there is NO WAY that it should be charged as data...I can guarentee you that...If that were the case, I would have 12,000 text messages used a month rather than the 5000-6000 that I use now.

Call back and get someone else...Be polite but firm...And tell them to explain it. Also tell them you have the backing of 11,423 people from Pinstack that know their jobs a lot better than they do and we all say you are right and it is not text...

Well, better yet, leave that last part out...But there is no way that they should be charged as text messaging...

twistone no está en línea Stack Professional
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok let me explain bb pin messages are apart of the bb data plan which most of us have the unlimited plan and its unlimited it uses data not sms so it is impossible for you to be charged for text when it doesn't fall into a text category

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I'm actually a tmobile representative and I even checked up on it and bb messenger is a free service and if you've been charged for those messages then gave tmobile credit them back to you

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    yeah it's a pain calling them all the time i'm still working with them. thanks for the answer, it helps lots. good looking out

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I don't even see how they could differentiate a BB Messenger message from any other data packet, it uses the Data channel, and they would have read the header to determine that it was a BB Messenger packet. SMS is a different story as it uses the Phone Control Channel and is easy to determine type and charge for it separately.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow

exactly well said!