Hi I'm new to the pinstack blackberry family and I browse a lot of the ... General Blackberry forum

fxyb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Really??

Autotext?

Advertisement

Hi I'm new to the pinstack blackberry family and I browse a lot of the post and found one about autotext, and how you can edit it and put maybe your name or another word and so forth. Well I and a friend tried and she was able to put her everywhere but I can't do it.
    She was even able to use it on bb mesenger but I can't so I'm just wondering where I messed up?

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have never been able to do this on my 8830. I wonder if it is something that only works on a "double-tap" keyboard like the curve and not on the full keyboards.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Auto text is available on all bb's. Current ones at least. Go to Options.sms text. And then look for disable autotext. That will fix your txt msg issue. Have you checked your autotext list to see if you're shortcuts are still there? And the shortcuts you made did you use the repace with option? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also make sure to put a space or punctuation after your shortcut or it will just stay the way you typed it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Quote Originally Posted by alryder View Post
    I have never been able to do this on my 8830. I wonder if it is something that only works on a "double-tap" keyboard like the curve and not on the full keyboards.
    The curve is a Full QWERTY ..I'm not sure what you're talking about double-tap? ..
    If you're talking about Multi tap vs/ Suretype ?

Heavy Fluid no está en línea Stack level 2
    As mentioned above, don't forget the space. I sometimes forget, and then question as to why my shortcut did not show up. You need the space.

I try to come up with short cuts that are not real words. I needed to enter some vulgar words in to curse my friends out in texts. So, I just used the first two letters, and a space, so Fu , sh , etc. Works great

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TorturedNacho View Post
    The curve is a Full QWERTY ..I'm not sure what you're talking about double-tap? ..
    If you're talking about Multi tap vs/ Suretype ?

Yes, I did mean Multi-tap vs Suretype. I meant to reference the Pearl, where there are two alpha characters per key.
    I still can't seem to make Auto Text work on my 8830, even using the tips mentioned above.
    Last edited by alryder; 09-14-2008 at 08:37 PM.