Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If I could get anything bin the world for any of my BlackBerrys I'd getttt... ... General Blackberry forum

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

AutoOff for Profiles

Advertisement

If I could get anything bin the world for any of my BlackBerrys I'd getttt...

Software that would automatically swap the profiles at a certain time. I don't have any use for the Auto On/Off feature, but if I could set the phone to have Monday thru Friday 8-2 on a special profile, then swap back to vibrate at 2:01, itd be bliss.

I may just not know if this actually exists already.. Pls advise if it does!
    dj flyy

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC
    I am really suprised that a developer hasn't written an app to do this <hint, hint!> Windows Mobile, and Symbian both have software for this purpose.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

PIN/ID
    244ac444
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    I am really suprised that a developer hasn't written an app to do this <hint, hint!> Windows Mobile, and Symbian both have software for this purpose.
    Well, in fact, as I was just informed... They do! I didn't look around well enough before posting this.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e_changes.html

greeby no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe00
    Quote Originally Posted by dj flyy View Post

Well, in fact, as I was just informed... They do! I didn't look around well enough before posting this.
    I'd love this as well but this app has a limitation:

"The profile will not switch when the BlackBerry is holstered or the keyboard is locked"

PIN/ID
    244ac444

From what I read, you can't have it switch to custom profiles either. Which sucks!

I have a custom 'silent' that keeps the LED flashing if I get a new message. That's what the phone is on all day

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    if thats what the phone is on all day, why do you need an app to change profiles?
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

PIN/ID
    244ac444
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx View Post
    if thats what the phone is on all day, why do you need an app to change profiles?

I shoild have said that in greater detail.. That's my monday-friday 8-2 profile

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    lol, gotcha.
    I was confused :-S
    Wish I could help. I've used such a program on WinMo, but haven't came across anything like it for the BB.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

Dito no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC14
    Once upon a time, I was a developer. And I wrote a little bit of Java. These devices are all Java-based, so... how hard could it be?

Actually, knowing that they're Java has made me think around for programming ideas. This one seems pretty reasonable. No (minimal) graphics, no network or phone use, just text, time, and profiles. Hmmm....

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dito View Post
    Once upon a time, I was a developer. And I wrote a little bit of Java. These devices are all Java-based, so... how hard could it be?

Actually, knowing that they're Java has made me think around for programming ideas. This one seems pretty reasonable. No (minimal) graphics, no network or phone use, just text, time, and profiles. Hmmm....
    RIM doesn't release full functionality to 3rd party developers. That's why BB Profile Builder must be out of the holster to switch profiles, why Pocketday can't display a Bluetooth symbol, etc.

emreozbek no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I used to have a symbian device and there was a third party software that auto-switched profiles not only based on day/time of day but also based on the calendar info. For instance, you would enter a meeting on your calendar and based on your preference, it would switch the bb's profile to silent 15 minutes before the meeting and then after the end time of your meeting, it would switch back to normal automatically.
    Maybe this would give some idea to the creative developers out there as well.
    If it already exists, I'd be happy to hear about it.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    this would be perfect for me. when i had a WinMo i had this too. my schedule was like this:

Monday-Friday(school)- vibrate
    Monday-Friday(work)-low volume
    Monday-Friday(home)-Normal
    Weekends- depends what I'm doing

So yeah this would be helpful to have for BB.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3

Profiles

It does exist and does EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. I use it and am very happy with it. The name of the program is Profile Scheduler. I am sure you can search/google "Profile Scheduler Blackberry"

PIN/ID
    244ac444
    Quote Originally Posted by klgmd View Post
    It does exist and does EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. I use it and am very happy with it. The name of the program is Profile Scheduler. I am sure you can search/google "Profile Scheduler Blackberry"
    is this the version made by WCS?
    dj flyy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast