is it possible to do automatic dynamic smart dialing with BB 4.1 ? what I ... General Blackberry forum

bandersnatch no está en línea Stack level 1

automatic dynamic smart dialing - is it possible?

Advertisement

is it possible to do automatic dynamic smart dialing with BB 4.1 ?

what I mean by automatic dynamic smart dialing is regardless of how many rings before the line picks up as soon as it does, the blackberry will automatically dial the ext.

(ie. 1-888-555-5555 ext 123, it will automatically dial ext 555 if it takes 2 rings or 10 rings for 1-888-555-5555 to pick up)

i've searched everywhere and the closest thing i can find is 1-888-555-5555x123 which requires me to select when to dial. please let me know if this is possible or if there is a third party solution.

thank you for your time everyone.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: automatic dynamic smart dialing - is it possible?

Hi and welcome.

Mine seems to do this already, I have a phone number and ext in my address book, when I hit dial it dials the number and automatically does the ext once answered. I have it in the book as 15555551212 X13

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you can insert pauses. When typing a phone # into the address book click the Trackwheel. You can choose between a wait (what you have now) or a pause. I think each pause is .5 seconds

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

bandersnatch, Welcome to PinStack.

I use the Pause (Insert Pause from Menu) when I need to do this, Seems to work fine for me, but each pause is 2 seconds, at least on my Pearl and 8700.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bandersnatch no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow, thank you for the warm welcome. I can already tell this forum has an awesome community going for it. I think I'll enjoy my time here!

Now back to my original question, the tricky thing I'm trying to achieve here (if its even possible) is to be able to dial a number and have it automatically dial the ext regardless of the amount of rings and with no additional user input.

So pauses wont work here and I tried the "15555551212 X13" example and that also didn't automatically dial the ext without me selecting it.

looks like this isn't possible (yet) or am i wrong?

thanks again guys!

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B
    Try removing the "x" in the number. I use this feature to access my office voice mailbox. Insert a pause(s) between numbers.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~