Is there any way to set the RIM browser to fetch a web page each ... General Blackberry forum

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Automatic browser page refresh?

Advertisement

Is there any way to set the RIM browser to fetch a web page each time it is requested, rather than loading it from the cache? On most pc browsers you can choose which way you want it, but I haven't found any such option on my BB. It just gets a little tiresome having to remember to refresh a page (such as a pinstack thread) each time you go to it.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Automatic browser page refresh?

I know what you mean...Which OS are you running? I think that on a previous version of the 4.1 OS, hell maybe it was even 4.0, I can't remember now, but anyways, under the internet options it actually had a spot where you could choose or not whether you wanted it to cache. I always had it at no, for the exact same reason you state. But now all of a sudden after I have upgraded operating systems who knows how many times, the best thing that I can do is either:
    A: Refresh the page
    B: Go to the browser options and clear the cache and cookies every so often.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Re: Automatic browser page refresh?

I'm using 4.1.0.136 on a Nextel 7100i. Thanks for the reply. It seems so basic I thought maybe I was missing it. Maybe I need to try Minuet or Opera Mini. I'd tried Minuet when I first got the BB, but then I didn't think I needed it. Time for another try, I think!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~