Just saw this in a blog I read: If you're travelling down I-90 in Washington ... General Blackberry forum

Bald Mike no está en línea Stack level 1

Autoblog - OMG! Washington first state to ban text messaging while driving

Advertisement

Just saw this in a blog I read:

If you're travelling down I-90 in Washington State and texting your BFF on a CrackBerry, then you might want to put it down. Washington has become the first U.S. state in the union to ban text messaging while driving. The legislation against driving while texting (henceforth to be known as the dreaded DWT) was rolled into a similar measure against talking on one's cell phone without using a hands-free device, a regulation many cities and states have already adopted.

Washington Gov. Chris Gegoire signed the measures into Washington state law last Friday (he was reportedly flanked by children injured from car accidents involving cell phone distractions). Like many laws of this sort, the po-po can't pull you over if they spot you Twittering away in the driver's seat. You need to be caught doing something worse, like swerving across the center line, to get pulled over. If Officer Roscoe P. Coltrain spots a warm Qwerty riding shotgun though, you'll likely be nailed with a $124 fine. If that happens, you won't be LOL.

rhapsodyrcks no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Autoblog - OMG! Washington first state to ban text messaging while driving

Well Im in the US Military and if your on base civilian or military you must use a ear piece, then your cell phone cant extend past the window sill on cars so txt messaging isnt allowed. Violate that to many times and your privilage to drive on base is revoked. So nothing new for me!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I think there should be a rule. If you see anyone on a cell phone or texting while driving, you can hit them if you want. I think that would stop everyone talking on their cells pretty quick then!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    I think there should be a rule. If you see anyone on a cell phone or texting while driving, you can hit them if you want. I think that would stop everyone talking on their cells pretty quick then!
    I agree, you should be able to get up under them, get em loose and push them into the wall! IMHO, texting is much more dangerous than talking on a cell. Sure I still do it occassionally, but not a lot. Too much traffic here in the northeast.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    IMHO, texting is much more dangerous than talking on a cell. Sure I still do it occassionally, but not a lot. Too much traffic here in the northeast.
    Totally agree with you, although I do it all the time... sometimes its as bad as drunk driving.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Some developer needs to come out with a voice to text application. LOL!!
    Might as well call them! Sorry laughing at my own joke.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah guys!! once you hit the kid, lets see who is texting now !! just do not do it.!! the kids dead and your in jail who is the smart guy now !!

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by nimocone
    Yea that's exactly what I was talking about! It'll be interesting how well it will work though.

cchvz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f293e3

I just moved to Seattle, I am going to get so bored driving now. The radio and driving is just not enough multitasking for me I have almost kille myself BB messaging people. Lol.