Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Like i previously said, its your carrier that control the devices time. when you have ... General Blackberry forum

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION

Advertisement

Like i previously said, its your carrier that control the devices time. when you have it set to take off the network then it will take what your carrier is pushing.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Actually, it doesn't. I set it to Network, and there's [still] a one hour difference. It seems to be only syncing the minutes, not the hours. Even with a Menu -> Update Time performed.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    ok i have noticed in a few other threads about users having this issue and it seems like every single poster is from rogers wireless. i think they havent implemented a dst patch on their network time

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No it is happening to me too and I have tmo

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    I meant to mention this in my previous post but got carried away and forgot.

For whatever reason, on Rogers in Canada, my network time has been out by one hour (behind) for at least the last several years. This isn't a phone issue, because in addition to my BB, it also showed as that on my Nokia E62, my Moto Razr v3i, and other "dumber, cheaper phones" that I may have had before that.

Unless I was on Mountain Time (which I am not), if I used Network time, I would be out by on hour. In fact, last year when I was working in Alberta (which is on Mountain time), I was foolish enough to be fiddling with my phone (the Nokia E62) and decided to change my time settings to sync with the Network. Well, let me tell you I was quite PO'd that all my calendar appointments changed by an hour, and all day events rolled into the next day, etc. Not only that, changing the time back did not reverse the damage done to my calendar. Granted, this was not the BB but the Nokia (I bought the BB shortly after that but not because of this incident).

Perhaps network time transmitted from cell towers in the US doesn't have this offset problem, but I for one, living where I do, cannot use Network time as an indicator of time zone change -- unless I move to Alberta. But then the time won't change automatically when I go to Manitoba where I live now (two provinces away) because it has the same network time. Wrong (for me) Network Time, but still Network Time. I'll stay manual, thank you very much.
    I am also on Rogers in canada and the network time does show 1 hour off but my device is patched for dst and everything so even with my source as network I have the proper time.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea but you said you have the dst patch right? thats why

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Blackberry devices will not automatically update time to network time. There is no setting or operating system upgrade that I am aware of that will change that. If you change time zones you need to make that change manually under Options,
    As I said in my original post, not only is the option to automatically update the time clearly present, but the on-device help actually states that my device is capable of this and that this is the purpose of the said feature, so you're wrong here...

With regards to the time of my network, this is correct because I have a number of other phones of varying makes and models on the same network that update just fine...

It's just that this "feature" doesn't actually do what it's supposed to.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well it should be all good in a few days because the original dst is about to kick in

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    The person or persons that invented daylight-savings time should be shot in my opinion... LOL

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well everyone is entitled to an opinion

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    I'm one of a rare breed - my home state (Queensland) is the only place in Australia and one of the few places in the world that still doesn't observe DST...

It's funny, 'cause the Wife is strongly in favour of DST and when we still lived in Queensland (we recently moved for the first time in like, forever), we had some wonderful arguments about DST whenever the issue to introduce it or not came up in local politics. LOL

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea well you aussies are something else :P considering austrailia originally just used to drop off criminals and leave them there. :-O

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Correction - the Pommies (English) used to drop of criminals (called "convicts" at the time) and leave them here - we weren't quite Australia yet!

I am howver, highly impressed - many Americans and Canadians know little, if anything about Australia let alone its history...

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    lol well thats what you get about assuming about "us" Americans besides i was in the Navy for 4 yrs and was quite enlightened by your Aussie girls at the perth port

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    *Smiles cheekily*

I just joined the Australian Army...

*Winks*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast