How To: Auto (default) mark a calendar entry as 'private' when entered from the BB. ... General Blackberry forum

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Thumbs up How To: auto mark calendar entry as private when it's entered into the BB calendar

Advertisement

How To: Auto (default) mark a calendar entry as 'private' when entered from the BB.
    This is a problem I have been wrestling with for about 2 weeks now. It might be that I'm just trying to hard. Here is the situation:
    I have a personal BB (8700c) but I have it setup to sync with my Outlook Calendar at work. Just the calendar, nothing else. We all share out Outlook calendars here because it's handy when setting up a meeting where several people are attending. You simply look at everyone's calendars and fit the meeting in where it seems to work best for everyone involved. Well here in lies the problem. I have personal events on my BB Calendar and naturally when I sync it up to my work Outlook those events will copy over, and everyone can see them when they look my work calendar to setup meetngs. Ok, no problem because DM supports filtering. I just set it up to NOT sync items marked private. Works like a charm, if I remember to mark the event private when I enter it into my BB. Something I usually forget to do.
    So in short does anyone know of anyway to setup the BB to auto mark or mark by default every event as priviate when it's entered in through the BB only?
    Thanks!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: How To: auto mark calendar entry as private when it's entered into the BB calendar

thanks for the info

for your question as far as i know the best you can do from Outlook is to copy your appointments to the private calendar (use a category view, select all, and then right click and copy to
    your private calendar FOLDER) and then allow the Blackberry to sync.

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: How To: auto mark calendar entry as private when it's entered into the BB calenda

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    thanks for the info

for your question as far as i know the best you can do from Outlook is to copy your appointments to the private calendar (use a category view, select all, and then right click and copy to
    your private calendar FOLDER) and then allow the Blackberry to sync.
    thanks for the quick response. I would just prefer they didn't copy over. I see what you are saying, setup another calendar and just run the work one and the private one side by side.
    I guess i could then also have the WORK calendar just copy TO the BB and not actaully sync
    right?
    not the exact solution i was looking for but it's something i think i can use as a work around
    thanks!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: How To: auto mark calendar entry as private when it's entered into the BB calendar

Lets hope Windows Vista running a new outlook and BB's 4.2 OS does that well together *speculations*

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: How To: auto mark calendar entry as private when it's entered into the BB calenda

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    Lets hope Windows Vista running a new outlook and BB's 4.2 OS does that well together *speculations*
    Yeah i'll be trying to test Vista and the new Beta of office 2007 with DM
    we'll see
    *crosses fingers*