I recently changed from a BES blackberry to a Cingular BIS Curve. The email is ... General Blackberry forum

klinrya no está en línea Stack level 1

Attachments not pushing

Advertisement

I recently changed from a BES blackberry to a Cingular BIS Curve. The email is pushing through just fine, but no attachments are coming through.

I've looked through the settings and can't find anything that looks mis-configured. I have the attachment service installed and up to date. Every email has winmail.dat as an attachment but nothing else will come through.

Any ideas on what I'm screwing up?

Thanks in advance...

klinrya no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Attachments not pushing

OK, I'm giong to answer my own question because I saw a few people posting similar questions with no reponses on various forums...

After playing with every possible blackberry setting, I finally realized the problem was with my Outlook settings. If you happen to be having issues receiving attachments and are getting a winmail.dat attachment, it may be due to the formatting used by Outlook. For whatever reason, if I send a test email in either HTML or Rich Text Format, the attachment will not reach my blackberry. If I send the same email in plain text format (either by using the drop-down menu in the email editor window or by changing the setting in tools->options->mail format) the attachment comes through with no problem.

Just thought I'd post this in case someone else has the same problem.