Dear all, I am a new user and cannot figure out why attachments in my ... General Blackberry forum

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

attachment problems

Advertisement

Dear all,

I am a new user and cannot figure out why attachments in my email arent viewed properly. PDF documents and jpg scanned documents are fuzzy when I zoom in to view them. I figured they were bad quality, but when I view them on my Nokia I can read them fine.

PLEASE ANY HELP APPRECIATED!

THNX

ryoung no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: attachment problems

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~once you have zoom in you use the enhance feature in the menu & the retrieve feature to show the PDF clearly hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by ryoung View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~once you have zoom in you use the enhance feature in the menu & the retrieve feature to show the PDF clearly hope this helps
    thanks very much. I had tried that before and it had not worked but It did this time.
    Still have problems downloading and viewing attachments. BB is new here and the opertor doesnt have a hang of it yet.

Isnt it a little odd that you have to click enhance and it has to send & receive data in order for you to view the documents properly?

Thanks for your help.

leoemg no está en línea Stack level 1

A related question:
    I have found it hard to view Spreadsheets and Documents as they are just at "50%"... Is there any way to zoom out and see more on the screen at once?

Thanks!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    thanks very much. I had tried that before and it had not worked but It did this time.
    Still have problems downloading and viewing attachments. BB is new here and the opertor doesnt have a hang of it yet.

Isnt it a little odd that you have to click enhance and it has to send & receive data in order for you to view the documents properly?

Thanks for your help.
    When you download a PDF, or word doc, or anything along those lines, you don't actually download the whole file. The Blackberry downloads what it needs to make it viewable to you to save bandwidth. As OS updates come out, it has definitely gotten better, but it is designed more to give you a preview. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    When you download a PDF, or word doc, or anything along those lines, you don't actually download the whole file. The Blackberry downloads what it needs to make it viewable to you to save bandwidth. As OS updates come out, it has definitely gotten better, but it is designed more to give you a preview. Does that make sense?
    What your saying makes total sense. I just figure with the unlimited data plans available we should have the option to download the whole file and view it properly. The only reason I got a blackberry is because here the provider only offers unlimited data plans for blackberries. hahah..... can never have everything I guess. I was happier with my 3.5 G nokia with 7.2mbps download, pushmail, and live TV.