Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree with the GSM standard being a serious consideration. However RIM provides CDMA/GSM devices ... General Blackberry forum

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I agree with the GSM standard being a serious consideration. However RIM provides CDMA/GSM devices (8830) and soon to be Storm. Until T-MO and AT&T get their 3G networks right I find Verizon has the best coverage.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
    I agree with the GSM standard being a serious consideration. However RIM provides CDMA/GSM devices (8830) and soon to be Storm. Until T-MO and AT&T get their 3G networks right I find Verizon has the best coverage.
    The performance of a phone has nothing to do with the speed or protocol of the network. It has to do with the location of the towers, signal strength & many other variables. If indeed Verizon was the best everyone would know about it and be using them. Long before 3G existed, we had cell phones. They were affected by the same factors. Thus, like I stated earlier, each customer has the freedom to determine which carrier has the best signal in their area. I think that a lot of people have been mislead by the Verizon TV commercial "It's about the network" with all the Verizon people standing around. It's a brilliant commercial & long running. Since Verizon cripples their phones which is widespread knowledge by phone enthusiasts who then pass the word around, Verizon puts the focus on the network. A great move. Even though not true, it follows most advertising today which is misleading.

sent via BlackBerry

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    verizon for me
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

coffeedaze no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    27FD43BF
    I am with Verizon. While the GPS limitation is very annoying, the overall cost is still much lower than AT&T for me. I did the math and I would be paying $110 more for our current plan with AT&T. Verizon's family packages are much better and with 4 phones on our plan it's a must.
    9810 AT&T - PIN# 27FD43BF

Fried Rice Mofo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    318B6D52
    I'm on Sprint, myself.

I would NEVER change carriers just for a particular phone. Sprint's phone selection sucks in comparison to Verizon's, but I'm also paying a helluva lot less for my services as well. That, and I get plenty of good coverage from them, so I'm set.

Their customer service, on the other hand.. Ugh!

PIN/ID
    27FD43BF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried Rice Mofo View Post
    I'm on Sprint, myself.

I would NEVER change carriers just for a particular phone. Sprint's phone selection sucks in comparison to Verizon's, but I'm also paying a helluva lot less for my services as well. That, and I get plenty of good coverage from them, so I'm set.

Their customer service, on the other hand.. Ugh!
    I used to be on Sprint (10 years ago) and I remember the horrible customer service. I don't know if they still do but they used to charge $3 just to talk to a real person!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    $3 for talking with someone? Crazyiness~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    27FD43BF
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    $3 for talking with someone? Crazyiness~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Of course this was back when a 400 minute plan cost $60/month with no txt, web, or anything.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeedaze View Post
    I am with Verizon. While the GPS limitation is very annoying, the overall cost is still much lower than AT&T for me. I did the math and I would be paying $110 more for our current plan with AT&T. Verizon's family packages are much better and with 4 phones on our plan it's a must.
    You have given an example of a very smart approach to choosing a carrier.
    As we know, every carrier has their strengths and weaknesses. Pros & cons, like anything else. In this case you did a comparison and found that the smart choice for you was Verizon as it saved you a significant amount of money. This is why it's so important to do some checking and comparing. If more people took your approach and did the work to compare accurately for themselves there would be far less complaining about carriers. Let's face it, none are perfect, so why not do your own comparison as you have here and choose the carrier that suits one the best, and stick with them.

Thanks for the great post!
    Cheers

BIGTONY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) this thread looks like the conversation my wife and I have every month about carriers (she has AT&T,I have Verizon)

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    I'm rolling with at&t, no problems.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12