Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a pearl through at&t and my sister just ordered her curve through verizon- ... General Blackberry forum

mm01zmami no está en línea Stack level 2

Att vs verizon

Advertisement

I have a pearl through at&t and my sister just ordered her curve through verizon- I was just wondering if there's a difference as far as the app or third party apps that you can put on your phone. I just always thought verizon as the "strict" carrier.

?!

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    I've never used a blackberry on Verizon, but I know on their other phones they lock the devices so you can't Bluetooth media. As far as 3rd Party apps go they can use the same apps as long as its compatible with the device itself.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I hope your sister knows about them locking their GPS so she MUST use their vznavigator. Unlike us at AT&T could use any 3rd party app that allows us to use free gps programs such as amazegps;nav4all among others.

Thanks!
    I knew verizon always find a way to charge their customers!

I love at&t!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by mm01zmami View Post
    Thanks!
    I knew verizon always find a way to charge their customers!

I love at&t!
    ATT is sneaky too, keep an eye out on your bill. Especially when it come to smart phones.....
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I hope your sister knows about them locking their GPS so she MUST use their vznavigator. Unlike us at AT&T could use any 3rd party app that allows us to use free gps programs such as amazegps;nav4all among others.
    I have the 8330 Curve with Verizon and I use telenav and can also use Google maps and BB Maps, I just use a GPS bluetooth puck like anyone that doesn't have GPS built in to the phone. As far as bluetoothing media I can do that also, you just can't bluetooth between incompatible phones.

I had AT&T (Cingular at the time) and my bill would vary about $50 a month from "fees" and add-ons. With Verizon my bill is the same every month and I also get coverage almost everywhere.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    ^

what do you think about the overall blackberry experience on Verizon now, compared to when you had Cingular?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    ATT is sneaky too, keep an eye out on your bill. Especially when it come to smart phones.....
    I've been using both AT&T & T-Mobile for years. The key is to simply watch for posting errors. Last month my AT&T bill was over by $88.25. I called in & explained that I did not run up those extra charges, and they were very courteous. Not only did they remove the mistake but they gave me an additional $50 off my bill. I think the person I spoke to was more than fair. It's just another reason I enjoy AT&T.
    sent via BlackBerry
    while not driving...

PIN/ID
    Ask
    That's a good point.... I've yet to have a problem with my bill. It's been spot on for the last year or so.

Ihad a problem with my bill too Years ago and not only did they take care of it but they also gave me $100 rebate on my next phone (which was my beloved pearl)

& my bfs phone broke and has been up for an upgrade but has bEen waiting for the bold so when he called to find out the info on bold's due date they gave him $50 rebate on his next phone!

Just some reasons why I love em!

PIN/ID
    Ask
    It's funny. I just got done reading all around Verizon's website about their service and coverage areas. I WANT THE BLACKBERRY BOLD.....BAD!!! But if AT&T doesn't offer it before the Storm comes out, I may be making the swap over to Verizon.

Yeah, I sound pretty darn needy. But I even opened a savings account to save money for the Bold. Yeah, I could by it off of Ebay, but I would rather get it through AT&T.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    In my opinion, if the carrier does not offer GSM, it is not a consideration. I wouldn't even consider Verizon for that reason alone.

If you lose your phone, you are at their mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo View Post
    I just got done reading all around Verizon's website about their service and coverage areas. I WANT THE BLACKBERRY BOLD.....BAD!!! But if AT&T doesn't offer it before the Storm comes out, I may be making the swap over to Verizon. I could by it off of Ebay, but I would rather get it through AT&T.
    Never choose a carrier based on the coverage map. You will notice in my earlier post I suggested trying them out, & that's for a reason. I have learned the hard way after using the big four carriers, the maps are only a guideline & don't guarantee the phone will work WELL in the area you live in or travel through. Even locally. I've had Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile & even a couple others. So my point is not to tell you which is the best- it's to make an accurate point to help you. You've got to find out for yourself. _Again_ I remind everyone that the phone is only as good as the signal it's being sent. Therefore the right carrier for you is crucial.
    Most people put little or no effort into choosing a carrier based on coverage. They pick the phone they want & if it is not very clear they blame the phone?!
    OK, enough about coverage. Next: my opinion, personally I won't do business with any carrier that is not GSM based. It's a world standard that I prefer. There are only two Major carriers with GSM in the US, AT&T and T-Mobile. Obviously both RIM & Apple believe that AT&T is the best as that's who they choose to do business with. Also AT&T has the best, & the most phones. Now, before all the At&T haters attack this post, remember what I said at the beginning about choosing a carrier.
    There is a certain beauty in simplicity...
    sent via BlackBerry

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had two pearls for a whole month and a half (tmobile) before i paid my termination fees. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    I had two pearls for a whole month and a half (tmobile) before i paid my termination fees. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    When one decides to try a different carrier (any of them) just explain you want to try out their service. Then ask about their trial period. They all vary, but in general they will have a certain period of time for you to use the new phone & service. If you decide to return it, there are no penalties, no ETF (early termination fees) nothing. You only pay for the air time you used, which is no different than if you were talking on your old phone. So this makes it easy, no risk, and you then find out what carrier is best for you. The only time charges are applied is if you keep the phone beyond the trial period.
    sent via BlackBerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast