Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I heard the news today....Att drops Tiger Woods. I've been an att customer for ... General Blackberry forum

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3

Att VS. Tiger

Advertisement

So I heard the news today....Att drops Tiger Woods. I've been an att customer for about three years now, and thus far have had no problems with the company or service I've received. On the other hand I've been a Tiger fan for about 8 years. I was disappointed with the news to say the least, so much as to have spent a little time on Verizon's website digging around getting info on their smartphones. Now let me clear the air, I do not defend nor condone the actions in his PERSONAL life, but he is still in my opinion the greatest athlete on the planet and will continue to believe that no matter what comes out...in his PERSONAL life. For Att to drop him for something he did in his PERSONAL life is a true shame. Did they sponsor him for his fatherly attributes? Did they pay him millions per year for his what seemed to be faithfulness to his wife? Was it in their contract that he must maintain a flawless family man status? I hardly doubt it. They paid millions of dollars to be able to associate their name with the greatest golfer the worlds ever known. Period. Again, I do not support what he has done in his Personal life, but I have been a Tiger fan for the amazement I have received for what he has done on the golf course. With that being said, I am strongly considering dropping my att service.

The main point of this thread is to find out what verizon has to offer in comparison to the Att Bold 9000. Again I love the phone and the thought of switching truly sucks, but in my opinion giving a couple hundred bucks a month to att for my family's cell phone service sucks even more. So, any suggestions? Does verizon compare? If so, what would I be happy with in comparison to the Att Bold? Thanks!!!!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I wouldn't leave ATT over that if you have had good service with them. But, if you truly want to go to Verizon, you might try the Droid. Don't forget about the new $350 ETF for each line.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Hmmmmm comparison to the bold. I really don't think verizon has an equall. The bold has wifi and a physical keyboard. Multi media (from what I've been told) unsurpassed by any other bb. The verizon storm 2 has wifi but no physical key board. The tour is the closest to the bold in physical appearence but there is no wifi option. I used the droid. It has the wifi and the physical key board so as far as options I believe pdxmatts is right the droid would be the clostest

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Who cares about Tiger Boners. Screw him. I seriously don't see myself leaving AT&T if they dumped someone from their campaign. I seriously wouldn't stop eating cheerios if they dropped the honeybee lol. If going with verizon makes things better I would also go with a droid. Nonetheless, AT&T would give a flying f word if you leave them. They got the money and can afford to lose one customer. I would love to hear what the rep says when if you ever tell them the reason for leaving lmao. Good luck
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Are you serious???? Leaving a company because the droped that idiot, he's getting what he deserves and your feelings are hurt because of it. Wow. O, I'm throwing my three tag hauer watchs away because they droped him also, I mean that was the reason I bought them to be like tiger, lmao at this.

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm guessing this is a joke post. No one would seriously base anything in their personal life on what some celebrity thinks or does.

Besides, he already has a new sponsor lined up to replace AT&T: Trojan Condoms

RLMAO!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvtx View Post
    I'm guessing this is a joke post. No one would seriously base anything in their personal life on what some celebrity thinks or does.

Besides, he already has a new sponsor lined up to replace AT&T: Trojan Condoms

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    HA HA.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Well, you could get all your phones unlocked and go to TMO. You can then keep your Bold, but you wont get 3G on it, just 2G.. But if that is your only 3G phone in your family, it might be worth it.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I suggest you write a letter to Tiger Boners and tell them you're willing to change providers because he got dropped due to his adultery scandal and because AT&T would not have a degenerate as their sponsored star.

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    First of all, not defending the tiger, but AT&T probably did have some sort of morality clause in the contract. I mean they want to portray a good image, and being associated with someone like that just doesn't fit. Besides, they were paying him millions of dollars! He is a household name! Everyone knows who he is! That being said, they would have to have been stupid not to put SOME kind of morality clause in there. If for no other reason other than to cover their own assets, literally! And if someone were to actually take offense to what some huge company like AT&T did with some stupid celebrity spokesperson, because of their many extra-marital activities, then that person has other issues they probably need to address, more so than what phone company they need to switch to. I love my hanes underwear, but I'm not going to stop wearing them just because Charlie Sheen likes to beat up his wife. I'm not trying to be rude about it, but seriously!!! If you have good service, STAY! Good luck!

davidjmorin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203c47e7
    name a company that doesnt drop its people when they are smeared in the media. It is redic i agree but its all about image.

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    who honestly cares what tiger does in his personal life???? the whole thing has been hyped and spun, tiger woods is still one of the best golfers of all time.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Apparently AT&T

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast