i am in shock that at&t is lagging behind Verizon and Sprint. Does anyone know ... General Blackberry forum

bkirk521 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question at&t updated pearl

Advertisement

i am in shock that at&t is lagging behind Verizon and Sprint.

Does anyone know when the updated Pearl will be released by AT&T?

Does anyone know which model of the updated Pearl will be the one release?

thanks

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: at&t updated pearl

That's odd since AT&T has had a Pearl for over a year.... I wouldn't exactly call that lagging. This isn't even the same Pearl. It's the 8130.

But, I do understand what you're saying. I simply doubt they'll release a new version. I would perhaps make a guess that if they do make a new release that it would be an 8120 with Wi-Fi.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its a different technology. They aren't really lagging behind.

i know they have had the 8100 for a year now b/c i have it but i keep hearing and reading that they will come out with either the 8120 or the 8110. i just figured that they would have one of those two by now or within the next week or couple of weeks.

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

i think you are looking for this info.......
    BlackBerry 8120 Correction; New Information on the BlackBerry 8110

Posted by Jibi on Nov 23, 2007 2:07 pm 2 comments Filed in Exclusives, Handsets, BlackBerry, EDGE, GPRS, AT&T, GSM, T-Mobile
    It appears we were a little off with our previous posting, stating the BlackBerry 8120 would feature both Wi-Fi and GPS. From the FCC filings, assuming the information released is the final release version for the United States, it is revealed that RIM has not, in fact, overcome the technology that barrier that did not allow them to place both receivers in the 8300 series, so expect the BlackBerry 8120 model to hit the shelves with Wi-Fi capabilities only. Also, for T-Mobile adopters who are salivating at the thought of another Pearl to add to your library collection, better hold your breath, as this model should launch first on AT&T.
    In other news, we are hearing the BlackBerry 8110, which will feature a GPS receiver, will be on target for a launch in early 2008. We reported on this device back in July, and more recently have started to think that it would never see the light of day. Now, with all the hooplah and hype surrounding the BlackBerry 9100 release at some point next year, we have to wonder if both the BlackBerry 8110 and BlackBerry 8120 are too much of an upgrade too late in the game in the United States. Perhaps if it launched sometime in the neighborhood as our European brethren, these extensions of the Pearl family would have a better chance at stateside success. Only time will tell, though.

Share / E-mail This

hope that helps...
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

thanks very much for the updated info, although i am still unsure why AT&T hasn't released or set a release date for the 8120 or the 8110. they never let anyone know until the day before. i hate all that secrecy but i guess they have to do wat they have to do. i just hope they release one of them within the next week or two and not in 2008. that would really piss me off, not that they really care, right.

thanks