Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I have an internet radio show that I would like to stream with on ... General Blackberry forum

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3

.asf Radio Streaming Help

Advertisement

So I have an internet radio show that I would like to stream with on my BB. My radio uses the .asf streaming format.

Originally the BB curve does not support this format. However, I'm hearing that it does and I found out that Nobex radio support this format but I can't even get Nobex to play on my curve.

The blackberry website does support this application though so why are some BB are capable of playing this format and some can not?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Have you tried setting it up through Moodio?

Create an account at www.moodio.fm. Search for your radio show to add to your list of stations. If it doesn't exist, you can add the stream in if you know the URL. Then on your device's browser, navigate to m.moodio.fm and log into your account, select the station/show you want to listen to and it will (hopefully) play through the device media player.

Hope this helps!
    Roger

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
    .............I found out that Nobex radio support this format but I can't even get Nobex to play on my curve. .....................
    FYI, It took me a while to figure out Nobex. You have to start it up on you BB, WAIT a while (some number of seconds) for it to load up and THEN press the menu key where you'll see the option to "play" at the top of the list. THEN it will play.

I also use Moodio and like it a lot but, as Rogro said, you have to set your stations up on your p-c and then open it on your BB to use it. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

JB's got the old avatar back!

Is Nobex a free app, JB? How does it compare to Moodio?

It's free so far - don't know if there are plans to change that or not. It's all usable via BB and the stations are listed by city if you use the "add any station" function. THe "add playable station" option give you a specific list of station to pick from. I think it's a little more difficult to add a station of your choice and get it to play though. Actually the only luck I've had so far is getting THEIR stations marked "playable" to work. Actually prefer Moodio - just responded to the OP's original post because I couldn't get anything to play for the longest until someone told me to hit menu and select "play."
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thanks, John. I think I'll stick with Moodio!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Nobex is free for now, but they will charging a subscription for the streaming radio in the future(it will be very reasonable IMO). You can't add your own stations.

The thing I HATE about moodio is that you can't have it running in the background while you do other things. But with Nobex you can web browse, check and send messages, use IM apps, etc while listening to the radio.

Plus the Get It feature and the album artwork are great. The other new upcoming features which I have not been given permission to tell about yet are also cool.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Nobex is free for now, but they will charging a subscription for the streaming radio in the future(it will be very reasonable IMO). You can't add your own stations.......................................
    I guess that's the confusing thing. It appears that you can add your own and, when you try it, it APPEARS that it added it but it won't play. That, for me, is a deal-breaker.

However, if you like the stations they offer having the album work displayed and, as Azstar said, the "get it" feature where you select a tune to get and it sends you an email for the tune is very nice. Also, that you can browse the internet and play at the same time is nice.

I never saw and still don't see now any option for adding stations. How are you trying it?
    Twitter? My Apps List

I never saw and still don't see now any option for adding stations. How are you trying it?
    After you start the ap, press trackball>stations, then "menu" and there are options for "add any station" - "add playable station" etc. You can also get to it by just pressing the trackball.

The add any station is for you to choose from their existing list of stations, both the playable and the ones that are just for using like the original app(those being stations where you use the app for example while listening to the car radio, you use nobex to show the album art, song info, etc.)

Basically this just adds stations from their already existing lists (either combined list of all stations or playable only) to your personal list of preferred stations.

Or are you seeing a place to actually add a station, name, URL, etc? If so, what version number are you using?
    Twitter? My Apps List

I really only have a couple of radio stations I listen to and if Nobex doesn't have them or doesn't allow you to add, then I wouldn't use it.

I do like the fact that you can do other things while streaming however, which is definitely a peave with Moodio.

Roger, they will be adding many 100s of new stations with their next release(plan on over 1,000 stations). And they may accept requests for adds, but I know they test all stations for quality and consistency of stream and will not add them if they don't meet their standards. But they do have some great stations.....try out 100.7 WZLX, a classic rock station out of Boston, I know you'll love it...there are others too.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Thanks, Sam. Since it's still free, I might have to check it out. Any idea what the monthly hit will be?

Just downloaded and my two fave stations are there! 93.1 WXRT Chicago and 97.3 KBCO Denver! Woohoo!

The add any station is for you to choose from their existing list of stations, both the playable and the ones that are just for using like the original app(those being stations where you use the app for example while listening to the car radio, you use nobex to show the album art, song info, etc.)

Basically this just adds stations from their already existing lists (either combined list of all stations or playable only) to your personal list of preferred stations.

Or are you seeing a place to actually add a station, name, URL, etc? If so, what version number are you using?
    Thanks, Azstar. I think I've got it now. That's all probably spelled out in some info that I didn't pay enough attention to previously.

Since I'm a big NPR and news radio listener it probably doesn't pay me to use this ap yet. For example, I added KERA, Dallas (NPR where I used to live) and nothing happened - now I get why.

Also, for the music, I listen to stations that play OLD blues and weird stuff like that. I can get that on Moodio and haven't really browsed through all the stations that Nobex offers - will get to it in time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast