View Poll Results: Are you a multitapper or a suretyper?

Voters
403. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Multi-Tap

64 15.88%
  • Suretype

318 78.91%
  • Neither

21 5.21%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Recently converted suretyper here! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... General Blackberry forum

jbanger no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

Advertisement

Recently converted suretyper here!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hsxagent no está en línea Stack level 1

A sure typer. Boy did it take some getting use to still have to watch out when I am typing to just continue and have faith it will choose the right word.

hsxagent no está en línea Stack level 1

We should battle and see which is faster... Suretype is nice... But I just got my Pearl last week and I am already to go to the curve for the full keyboard. Boy could I knockout a sms message on my E62 with its full keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    Wow seems like I'm the only multi tapper on here so far. Is there any other multi tappers out there. I can't use suretype it drives me nuts. With any of my phones that had predictive text. Or sure type I always changed it to multi type. And I usually still type faster than most if not all suretappers. (ok maybe not all. But almost)

What about this can anyone type without looking either?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    Wow seems like I'm the only multi tapper on here so far. Is there any other multi tappers out there. I can't use suretype it drives me nuts. With any of my phones that had predictive text. Or sure type I always changed it to multi type. And I usually still type faster than most if not all suretappers. (ok maybe not all. But almost)

What about this can anyone type without looking either?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have gotten to the point that I have memorized the layout and can look only at the screen and not the keypad. That's the key to learning SureType. I have even timed myself typing on a SureType BB vs my PC and I'm at least 2x faster using SureType than a full keypad.

icegrill no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415259c

Thumbs down Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    Yea, suretype slows me down..... YUKKY. lolol
    suretype hater in the house...
    holla atcha boy

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I forgot two other tips which may help those of you struggling with SureType:

1) The Custom Wordlist is your friend when learning SureType. If you see words in it that don't make sense or that you know you won't use, go into it and delete those words. I do this daily and have had very few misspellings, which still occur even after 2 years.

2) The Language Options will help build a huge database of words that SureType can learn from. Keep all options checked for a month and then afterwards go back and delete what's misspelled or not used. I had to turn off the Compound Words and Use Address Book As Message Source options because I got tired of ST adding names and unrecognized compound words to my Custom Wordlist.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I use suretype because I think it's faster but I don't like it. Lol!

I came over to the pearl from having an sk2 and then an sk3 and it took me a little bit to get used to suretype. I still am dumbfounded at the words suretype comes up with...like when I type out what should be Friday the first option for a word is drifat...if anyone can tell me what exactly drifat is and why I am not familiar with the word I'd be oh so grateful lol.
    LOL...I about spit my coffee out when I read this.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I forgot two other tips which may help those of you struggling with SureType:

1) The Custom Wordlist is your friend when learning SureType. If you see words in it that don't make sense or that you know you won't use, go into it and delete those words. I do this daily and have had very few misspellings, which still occur even after 2 years.

2) The Language Options will help build a huge database of words that SureType can learn from. Keep all options checked for a month and then afterwards go back and delete what's misspelled or not used. I had to turn off the Compound Words and Use Address Book As Message Source options because I got tired of ST adding names and unrecognized compound words to my Custom Wordlist.
    Thx 4 the great tip's and the reply.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

missymd48 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AC9474

I'm definately a suretyper! It just goes so much faster.

Convert to SureType..........Yes, you should.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Multitap, since my native language is NOT english, and there is no SureType support for it.
    However, even on english SureType is slowing me down.
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

SweetPoison~ no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: [Poll] Are You A Multi-Tapper or A SureTyper?

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ SweetPoison, what is so annoying about it? Give it a try.

It comes up with words I have never heard of, Erica! Then I have to go back and erase it all ~ and start over...I was so fustrated one night as I could not turn that sh!t off ~ Hell No! ~ no no no no ~ My daughter loves it though on her phone ~

SweetPoison~ no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by hsxagent
    still have to watch out when I am typing to just continue and have faith it will choose the right word.

Ya think? Most of the times it did not choose the right word for me and I had to go back and erase it ~ I would do what Agent does, "okay, Marie....don't look and it will be the correct word"...!

That'd be a NO!..........lol!

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

i couldnt multi-tap on a suretype phone if i wanted to that seems way to difficult, i just wish are & see weren't the same buttons other than that...I'm happy with my suretyping
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

SureType is my first smart phone experience, except for multi-tap crap on cell phones. I love it.

If only I could type on it as fast as I type on my pc, that'd be great.

Vindicated no está en línea Stack level 3

Suretyper here....WHen I decide to upgrade to another BB oneday....maybe I'll be a multi-tapper...lol
    ...God Bless...
    ~Vindicated (8100)~

25 Male, Tennessee

You're more than welcome to PIN me Anytime..24066C00

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3

I've only had the Pearl for a week or so, but I've been pleasantly surprised with SureType.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast