View Poll Results: Are you a multitapper or a suretyper?

Voters
403. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Multi-Tap

    64 15.88%
  • Suretype

    318 78.91%
  • Neither

    21 5.21%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 179

Recently converted suretyper here! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... General Blackberry forum

  1. #31
    jbanger's Avatar
    jbanger no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    31

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    Advertisement



    Recently converted suretyper here!

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  2. #32
    hsxagent's Avatar
    hsxagent no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    19

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    A sure typer. Boy did it take some getting use to still have to watch out when I am typing to just continue and have faith it will choose the right word.

  3. #33
    hsxagent's Avatar
    hsxagent no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    19

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    We should battle and see which is faster... Suretype is nice... But I just got my Pearl last week and I am already to go to the curve for the full keyboard. Boy could I knockout a sms message on my E62 with its full keyboard.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    Wow seems like I'm the only multi tapper on here so far. Is there any other multi tappers out there. I can't use suretype it drives me nuts. With any of my phones that had predictive text. Or sure type I always changed it to multi type. And I usually still type faster than most if not all suretappers. (ok maybe not all. But almost)

    What about this can anyone type without looking either?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  4. #34
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    Wow seems like I'm the only multi tapper on here so far. Is there any other multi tappers out there. I can't use suretype it drives me nuts. With any of my phones that had predictive text. Or sure type I always changed it to multi type. And I usually still type faster than most if not all suretappers. (ok maybe not all. But almost)

    What about this can anyone type without looking either?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have gotten to the point that I have memorized the layout and can look only at the screen and not the keypad. That's the key to learning SureType. I have even timed myself typing on a SureType BB vs my PC and I'm at least 2x faster using SureType than a full keypad.

  5. #35
    icegrill's Avatar
    icegrill no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PIN/ID
    2415259c
    Posts
    325

    Thumbs down Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    Yea, suretype slows me down..... YUKKY. lolol
    suretype hater in the house...
    holla atcha boy

  6. #36
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I forgot two other tips which may help those of you struggling with SureType:

    1) The Custom Wordlist is your friend when learning SureType. If you see words in it that don't make sense or that you know you won't use, go into it and delete those words. I do this daily and have had very few misspellings, which still occur even after 2 years.

    2) The Language Options will help build a huge database of words that SureType can learn from. Keep all options checked for a month and then afterwards go back and delete what's misspelled or not used. I had to turn off the Compound Words and Use Address Book As Message Source options because I got tired of ST adding names and unrecognized compound words to my Custom Wordlist.

  7. #37
    Lowrider's Avatar
    Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Posts
    1,418

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    I use suretype because I think it's faster but I don't like it. Lol!

    I came over to the pearl from having an sk2 and then an sk3 and it took me a little bit to get used to suretype. I still am dumbfounded at the words suretype comes up with...like when I type out what should be Friday the first option for a word is drifat...if anyone can tell me what exactly drifat is and why I am not familiar with the word I'd be oh so grateful lol.
    LOL...I about spit my coffee out when I read this.

    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I forgot two other tips which may help those of you struggling with SureType:

    1) The Custom Wordlist is your friend when learning SureType. If you see words in it that don't make sense or that you know you won't use, go into it and delete those words. I do this daily and have had very few misspellings, which still occur even after 2 years.

    2) The Language Options will help build a huge database of words that SureType can learn from. Keep all options checked for a month and then afterwards go back and delete what's misspelled or not used. I had to turn off the Compound Words and Use Address Book As Message Source options because I got tired of ST adding names and unrecognized compound words to my Custom Wordlist.
    Thx 4 the great tip's and the reply.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

  8. #38
    missymd48's Avatar
    missymd48 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    24AC9474
    Posts
    64

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    I'm definately a suretyper! It just goes so much faster.

    Convert to SureType..........Yes, you should.

  9. #39
    Founder's Avatar
    Founder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    302

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    Multitap, since my native language is NOT english, and there is no SureType support for it.
    However, even on english SureType is slowing me down.
    In space no one can hear you scream.

    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

  10. #40
    SweetPoison~'s Avatar
    SweetPoison~ no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    68

    Re: [Poll] Are You A Multi-Tapper or A SureTyper?

    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ SweetPoison, what is so annoying about it? Give it a try.

    It comes up with words I have never heard of, Erica! Then I have to go back and erase it all ~ and start over...I was so fustrated one night as I could not turn that sh!t off ~ Hell No! ~ no no no no ~ My daughter loves it though on her phone ~

  11. #41
    SweetPoison~'s Avatar
    SweetPoison~ no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    68

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    Quote Originally Posted by hsxagent
    still have to watch out when I am typing to just continue and have faith it will choose the right word.

    Ya think? Most of the times it did not choose the right word for me and I had to go back and erase it ~ I would do what Agent does, "okay, Marie....don't look and it will be the correct word"...!

    That'd be a NO!..........lol!


  12. #42
    jkai2188's Avatar
    jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    752

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    i couldnt multi-tap on a suretype phone if i wanted to that seems way to difficult, i just wish are & see weren't the same buttons other than that...I'm happy with my suretyping
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint


    Blackberry's are a lifestyle

    jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

  13. #43
    potthoff's Avatar
    potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    398

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    SureType is my first smart phone experience, except for multi-tap crap on cell phones. I love it.

    If only I could type on it as fast as I type on my pc, that'd be great.


  14. #44
    Vindicated's Avatar
    Vindicated no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    230

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    Suretyper here....WHen I decide to upgrade to another BB oneday....maybe I'll be a multi-tapper...lol
    ...God Bless...
    ~Vindicated (8100)~


    25 Male, Tennessee

    You're more than welcome to PIN me Anytime..24066C00







  15. #45
    richmo58's Avatar
    richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    150

    Re: Are you a multi-tapper or a suretyper?

    I've only had the Pearl for a week or so, but I've been pleasantly surprised with SureType.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •