Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by phatmanxxl There will always be a market for simple easy to use ... General Blackberry forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    There will always be a market for simple easy to use flip phones. Some people don't like complex phones with 50 keys.
    LOL! Absolutely.....take my wife for example. The simpler the better for her. Took her a half hour to enter the first phone number in her RAZR yesterday! At least she made the effort to attempt it without my assistance!

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    In the past? Have you noticed that there are much larger amount of population living outside of NA and they also use cell phones too?

The most advanced cellular technology are currently widely used in APAC, especially in Japan and Korea. 4 of 5 cell phones sold in Japan are flips. If flips were so bad or outdated, it won't be used in Japan since Japanese are really concerned about having the latest styles and trends of almost everything they use. On the other hand, flip is still popular among many european countries. If RIM wanted to have larger market shares worldwide (not only in NA), having a diversed product profolio which is suitable for every user's taste is very important for its future growth.

Talking about "in the past", I think the first cell phone (Motorola Brick) is in form of bar shape. Is it "in the past"? No, that's timeless and continue to be used with modified style. The attached picture showed Sharp 920sh flip was 2007's product, but it is at least couple years more advanced than what we have right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by penpower; 06-13-2008 at 03:10 PM.

scott0482 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i am down with the flip phone.. my BB calls people from my pocket and i hate it.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    If I'm not holstering the device and carrying it in my pocket, I lock it to prevent that sort of thing. Use the mute button to put it in standby mode or set up one of the hot keys to lock it so it doesn't require a lot of keystrokes to accomplish this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12