Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As I saw the new kickstart images on crackberry.com http://crackberry.com/new-blackberrry-kickstart-images I was asking myself are ... General Blackberry forum

vel4769 no está en línea Stack level 2

Are flip phones a thing of the past?

As I saw the new kickstart images on crackberry.com http://crackberry.com/new-blackberrry-kickstart-images
    I was asking myself are flip phones a thing of the past? But then again why is BB attempting to appeal to a small segment of phone users that are becoming extinct. Apart from Star Trek fans, is anyone else still excited about the flip phones? I for one can't wait for the BOLD.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Blog Entries
    I would say so, I don't want nothing to do with a flip. BUT that Kickstart does look hot!

EDIT: I always did want a flip phone with a qwerty phone. I would have one for email, text and internet. While my flip would be just for calling. Who knows if the Kickstart comes out for T-Mobile and it's worth it, I might give it a try. If it's not the Kickstart then I wont be doing it at all.
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 06-13-2008 at 11:23 AM.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Blog Entries
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have never owned a flip phone so I'm really excited about it.

ricasg no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm not a flip phone fan after I've broken a few. Not only the durability factor but, it was one of those things where the 1st cell phones were big and bulky and the flip phones changed the cell phone market to having smaller phones. Some people rather have a flip but I'm good with my phone's key pad locked and in my holster or pocket.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Blog Entries
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Flip phones have some simple advantages as the main screen is always sealed and in case of drop it won't get damaged, also they are poket friendly!

jblackfish no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Every phone I ever had before BB's were flip phones. I love 'em and I'd love a flip BB with a full or sure-type keyboard. My lack of interest falls mainly in the touch screen area.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

past? I never owned a flip phone ever! Started out with nokias then a slider phone then bb. I thinks its safe to say bb for life.
    Last edited by pinpoint; 06-13-2008 at 01:14 PM.

jncp_83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2193DF0B
    I like both flip phones and bar phones, but a BLACKBERRY flip phone sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind trying it out. Lets see how it turns out in the blackberry world.
    JNCP_83

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I was a flip phone user pre-BlackBerry. Always thought they were pretty cool.

Not sure if I could convert from QWERTY to SureType in order to remain with the BlackBerry experience, though.
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Obviously, there are less than flip phone users, but that had mostly to do with the fact that more people are moving to smartphones and flip phones didn't have the same capabilities. So if you combine the two, maybe some users who loved a flip phone, but need more from a device will be interested in this one. I haven't had a flip phone in a very long time and I def wouldn't get another one but I think there are a lot of people who switched may switch back. Also, those that still have flip phones and love them, may now have a reason to get a blackberry if they always wanted to have the functions but not the bigger device. I don't imagine this to be smash hit device, but it will attract and convert a segment of users that still exist. Afterall, thats what it is about--be able to appeal to all people and that seems to be the direction RIM is moving in.

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    i dont think they are..not with the kickstart coming out.

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    With the texting and email market getting younger and younger.......I think they will sell the heck out of 'um. That's the market they're shooting for anyway.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    There will always be a market for simple easy to use flip phones. Some people don't like complex phones with 50 keys.

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE

I used to have a flip phone but the berry is sooo much better

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Blog Entries

That's true, many people absolutly have no need for a smart phone, let alone the desire to use on! Although the smartphone market is getting far more larger, regular mobile handsets are here to stay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast