Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Love my 8310 w/Seidio 2600mAh. Had the Bold for a day and ... General Blackberry forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Love my 8310 w/Seidio 2600mAh. Had the Bold for a day and sold it. Might pass on the Javelin because trackball assembly's buried in the unit!
    As to a particular model being superior, well, that's why RIM's marketing querty, flip, and touch. We all have different preferences

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    I think on the surface, you're right on the mark. But, I think the different models come with subtle differences that are very important to some.

I've gone from a Pearl to a Curve to a Bold. Aside form the obvious SureType vs. Full Keyboard, the Curve did have a few nice surprises for my uses. For one, my 8100 Pearl didn't have a GPS. I really use that feature so that alone made the upgrade to the Curve well worth it for me. Also, on a more subtle note, my Curve got better reception in my home than my Pearl. Enough that it's noticable (since my wife is still using my Pearl).

Upgrading once again to the Bold, there is the obvious difference that I now have WiFi, more memory and a faster processor. But the more subtle differences which make it totally work for me include a much better GPS (locks faster and seems to hold a lock better), better reception (again) and the ability to insert and remove micro-SD cards without removing the battery.

So yes. I agree. At the most basic levels, they all perform the same tasks. But for me, productivity is paramount and the Bold allows me to get things done in about half the time as it took me with the Pearl. I'm sure this isn't true across the board, but for me, it's totally worth it.
    That's what I was saying in my first post. They all have differences that make them appeal to each user.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    That's what I was saying in my first post. They all have differences that make them appeal to each user.
    Erica's first post is excellent and speaks to the heart of what RIM is accomplishing. Even beyond the four models that Safiy is looking at, BlackBerry is getting very good at providing models that fill everyone's needs. Starting in mid-2004 with the introduction of he 7290, 8700 and the 71xx devices, you can find a Berry to fit your specific need that operates very, very well.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    No worries. I respect your point of view, but its a discussion so we're just expressing thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    No worries. I respect your point of view, but its a discussion so we're just expressing thoughts.
    I re-read through the posts and I see how you may have thought my comment was directed towards you - I should have worded it better. "Just expressing thoughts" is exactly what I was trying to do, with compliments for BlackBerry and for Erica. I apologize if you misunderstood - there was no intention against you or your view -

Still friends?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    They're all good, just different and there's a model for everyone. The wide variety of BlackBerry models bring us all together in this great PinStack community. A place for us to share our individual thoughts, viewpoints & experiences. An opportunity to learn and help each other in solving problems with the smartphone we all rely on. For me it's the Bold. Of all it's features, what I enjoy is the large spacious keyboard & display. The extra speed offered by the incorporated 3G, and WiFi connectivity. Finally at the end of the day, the fact that it's a BlackBerry, one of the best supported smartphones ever created.

~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    But of course Mr. Stone. I've learned a lot from you, cat, cherri, and a few other stackers. I agree BB is the best phone for business individuals. Its also gaining pull with multimedia and social junkies too. I really just wanted a new browser w/ 100% IE, or Mozilla emulation. Its but I still have to use the laptop for some things.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    From the main thing: Yes! The BB functionality is the same on every device.
    Get pushed eMails.

As wroted before there are some features that made the BBs different:

- GPS
    - WIFI
    - 3G
    - Touchscreen
    - Flip
    - Suretype / full QWERT(Y/Z) keyboard

And IMHO that's the point that we are one of the biggest communities where evreyone could help everyone.

My 2ct
    Peter

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    there isnt a whole of difference that you can see. the main difference lie under the screen and plastic (ie. processor, memory, graphics, gps chip, wifi chip) that kind of stuff. some of the families are more powerful than the next. 8700 < 8100 < 8300 < 8220 < 8900< 9000

my own experiences have been that the 8300 my mom has runs better than my 8100 that i have. so thats why i say that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12