Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I own a 9530. I had 2 curves (8310 and 8320). I upgraded because I ... General Blackberry forum

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

Are all blackberries created equal?

Advertisement

I own a 9530. I had 2 curves (8310 and 8320). I upgraded because I wanted a touch screen phone. I like the iphone but it doesn't function like a bb so I was glad to see the storm. Anyway after a few weeks of use I absolutely love it, but my curve could do everything this phone can. Cool. The curve is a "beast". One of the best phones on the market. So for me this is good. All I ever wanted was a touch screen bb lol, and that's what I got. A touch screen phone that does everything a BB can do. Is this true for all BB's? Minus looks, or keyboard layout they all do the same thing right? Is your BB really "better" than mine? What can mine do that yours can't?
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-04-2009 at 03:26 PM.
    Man In Black(berry)

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Some of the newer models have GPS, some have WiFi, and the 8800 series was the ONLY one of the new generation that did NOT come with a camera.

The question of which one is better is not really accurate because RIM has made a device that fits everyone's needs (despite what most will tell you). You just have to pick out the one you think will work for you the best.

I had been a devoted SureType user (I still am after my thumbs quit cramping) until I got the 8100 (I had used the 7100t and 7105t prior to this). Within 2 days, I wanted to take the phone back to the store and get the 8800 (8820 by then). 5 days later, the pain finally subsided and I stuck with the Pearl series. I went thru 3 of the original Pearls and it has been nearly a year on the same 8120 I got last May.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-04-2009 at 03:36 PM.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    True about gps and wifi. But what I'm asking is bold vs curve vs storm vs pearl. All gps no wifi they all have same functions right? They look different, keyboards are diff but that's it right?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Right. They all have the same basic functions but again you just have to pick what works. I haven't had the Bold, Storm or Curve, so my post came from what I have experienced in 2 years

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I'm not disappointed or anything, even the most basic BB can provide more than enough functionality for most business users. The new additions to BB's family (docs to go , HTML etc) are nice too. It just seems the differences in phone models seem to be more cosmetic than anything. True SureType and qwerty are major so my first this vs that wasn't 100% accurate but as far as what you can do with your phone they all do the same thing. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Ok I'm lying a little. I really thought the storm would have a new bowser, media player or something that made it special. Don't get me wrong I'm touch screen 4 life. Lol. But its a touch screen curve. Fine but where's my treat?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    Ok I'm lying a little. I really thought the storm would have a new bowser, media player or something that made it special. Don't get me wrong I'm touch screen 4 life. Lol. But its a touch screen curve. Fine but where's my treat?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I hate to tell you this, but the treat is the touchscreen. The storm is pretty much a curve with out a physical keyboard. The curve is a beast, and if it aint broke, why fix it, right?

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well,you do get a faster processor and more memory

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    And a bigger screen
    Love my storm. The best bb I've ever had
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    True, and its good enough to be called a BB for sure. I thought it would have a surprise or two though.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    And I feel the same way hands down the best BB I've had.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    True, and its good enough to be called a BB for sure. I thought it would have a surprise or two though.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thats just human nature...its that "the grass is greener" mentality

i for one LOVE my Bold and would take it hands down over the curve. i knew there wasnt much on it that wasnt on the curve (except wifi and 3G) but i love it anyways, even if i did have to relearn the keyboard...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Waitin either for AT&T to get their version of the Javelin or for the unlocked Rogers model to come down on Ebay-$600...OUCH!!!~via 8310C (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I think on the surface, you're right on the mark. But, I think the different models come with subtle differences that are very important to some.

I've gone from a Pearl to a Curve to a Bold. Aside form the obvious SureType vs. Full Keyboard, the Curve did have a few nice surprises for my uses. For one, my 8100 Pearl didn't have a GPS. I really use that feature so that alone made the upgrade to the Curve well worth it for me. Also, on a more subtle note, my Curve got better reception in my home than my Pearl. Enough that it's noticable (since my wife is still using my Pearl).

Upgrading once again to the Bold, there is the obvious difference that I now have WiFi, more memory and a faster processor. But the more subtle differences which make it totally work for me include a much better GPS (locks faster and seems to hold a lock better), better reception (again) and the ability to insert and remove micro-SD cards without removing the battery.

So yes. I agree. At the most basic levels, they all perform the same tasks. But for me, productivity is paramount and the Bold allows me to get things done in about half the time as it took me with the Pearl. I'm sure this isn't true across the board, but for me, it's totally worth it.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E
    I'm just like wood, love the ability to change out memory and the wifi I didn't have on my 8310.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast