Hi everyone, I was wondering what apps are required to run at all times in ... General Blackberry forum

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Apps in the background

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what apps are required to run at all times in the background the reason why i am asking is because i noticed that my phone app, browser, home, and messenger and always running is this normal or should they be closed? I tried closing them from the trackwheel menu and still they remain open. Any ideas ladies and gentlemen?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Apps in the background

The bb messenger runs 24/7

Well with that said i understand that part because my bb is connected to cingular's network but why would the browser want to be on at all times? Is it necessary? I could understand mail wanting to be on 24/7 because it has to always check and such but why the browser i don't use it for anything right now.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Think about this, If the Phone, and Email weren't always running, you wouldn't be able to get Phone calls or Email. If the Browser wasn't running your wouldn't get Browser Push messages and If the home screen wasn't active, you couldn't go to open any other apps. Anything the depends on any type of push to your BB, requires it to be always running or it won't work as desired.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Well this is something i figured was the case when i sat down and thought about it but it is always good to ask regardless don't you think? I just wanted to know for sure because it never hurts to ask. Thanks for the explanation Rcbjr. I appreciate every word of it.