When I go into the list of applications within the options menu on my bold, ... General Blackberry forum

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3

Applications Highlighted Bold In Settings

Advertisement

When I go into the list of applications within the options menu on my bold, some of the applications show in bold while others are in normal text. What does this bold text mean? My assumption would be that these are applications which are currently running.

If this is the case then I have a couple which surprise me. For example opera, shazam and telmap seem to be running all the time while viigo doesn't show in bold which I would have expected of the above is true?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbluemusic View Post
    When I go into the list of applications within the options menu on my bold, some of the applications show in bold while others are in normal text. What does this bold text mean? My assumption would be that these are applications which are currently running.

If this is the case then I have a couple which surprise me. For example opera, shazam and telmap seem to be running all the time while viigo doesn't show in bold which I would have expected of the above is true?
    If you mean the Applications list that appears when you go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications, I have never seen anything in Bold in that list!

The way to see what applications are actually running is to bring up the Application Switcher by holding down the [Alt] key and hitting [Esc] (key to the RIGHT of the trackball) - don't let go of the [Alt] key. You can scroll left and right to see what apps are running (or keep hitting [Esc] with [Alt] still held down).

By default, Phone, BlackBerry Messenger, Browser, and Messages are always running, but there may be many other apps running as well.
    JerryD

Yes I was referring to advanced options - applications. I think it might just be a glitch with the theme. I reverted back to the standard precision theme which came on my phone and the bold hihlighting went away. I have seen this in the past with other themes too. Maybe a glitch with plazmic?

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am running the default theme and some are listed in bold and some are not. A quick glance I don't see a pattern so i'm curious too. I suspect it has something to do with permissions.

VIOLATOR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dgburns View Post
    I am running the default theme and some are listed in bold and some are not. A quick glance I don't see a pattern so i'm curious too. I suspect it has something to do with permissions.

DGB is on track - the applications in BOLD are applications that have the permissions modified.

David

Quote Originally Posted by VIOLATOR View Post
    DGB is on track - the applications in BOLD are applications that have the permissions modified.

David
    Cool. Thanks for that.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    To expand on what dgburns and VIOLATOR wrote (both are correct), any application with permissions other than default will be in bold font.

While it may not be wise to do so, I set all my permissions to Allow and set them as Default. So when I install new applications, they will inherit the default permissions and therefore none of my applications are shown in bold font. But if I left permissions as other than all Allow and set that as my default, and then when installing applications I set them all manually to Allow, these will display in bold font.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

crysti_reyes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B09C64

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    To expand on what dgburns and VIOLATOR wrote (both are correct), any application with permissions other than default will be in bold font.

While it may not be wise to do so, I set all my permissions to Allow and set them as Default. So when I install new applications, they will inherit the default permissions and therefore none of my applications are shown in bold font. But if I left permissions as other than all Allow and set that as my default, and then when installing applications I set them all manually to Allow, these will display in bold font.

Thank you for that! I was wondering why some were Bold and other's are not. Thanks again!