I know I wasn't dreaming that I saw a post on an application switcher software ... General Blackberry forum

jjspigland no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24337B15

application switcher?

Advertisement

I know I wasn't dreaming that I saw a post on an application switcher software instead of always having to hit the menu key several times or back out of an application. Can't find, someone link me?

I also saw an article somewhere about hot keys and can't find that. The only one I remember is in messages hitting J will jump you to the next message in the thread. If I ever find that post again I am going to memorize it too....

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    if you have your most used programs running in the back-round you can hit and hold the "alt key and then press your "back" key. that will bring up a window of currently running programs and you can switch back and forth from those programs very easily

Hope that helps
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

Also, in addition to bsjmcconnell's excellent reply, on your 8700 all you have to do to go to the main screen is press the red "end" key. For example, I keep track of my car's gas mileage in Notepad. I fill up, and type in the information into notepad; then when I need the calculator to figure the MPG I can just press the red end key, and the device goes to the main screen. I open Calculator and do the math, red key out, go back into Notepad - and it's still open in "edit" mode! Type in the MPG. It's easy to switch back and forth between aps without closing them

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I honestly didn't know about the alt/back button shortcut without using the menu key and scrolling down to switch application.

Nice info!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

scottjb no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you want very fast access to the application switcher, just assign it to a convenience key.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    You can assign a convenience key by going to

Home Screen>Options>Screen/Keyboard>Convenience Key Opens>Application Switcher

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjb View Post
    If you want very fast access to the application switcher, just assign it to a convenience key.
    Its so great of a trick, Mike Lazaridis himself uses it :P

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Aha!... this explains it.

I've always thought a rip-off of the "Alt Tab" Windows shortcut looked weird on BB. But apparently it has the blessing of the Powers that Be