I know this is a problem for MANY out there, so I thought I would ... General Blackberry forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Thumbs up Application to Remove/Modify IT Policy for those never or no longer on BES

Advertisement

I know this is a problem for MANY out there, so I thought I would suggest this. I don't know if RIM will pay attention to it, or if such an application already exists, but it's worth a shot.

I am looking for an application to be made available by RIM (or anyone else that might be able to figure out how) that will allow individuals to remove/modify the IT Policy.

If someone is on BES for their job, the IT Policy will get reimplemented on their device once they reconnect anyway.

I was never on BES, I purchased it supposedly new from a TMO dealer. After attempting to place a new, blank IT Policy on my BB, the hateful red lock was turned on and I could no longer disable my firewall.

I would get errors regarding the firewall and IT Policy, and they are very annoying. Especially when I have an application that is supposed to work just fine but the IT Policy or red lock does not allow it.

So, an application to manually remove/modify the IT Policy would be great.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

leob no está en línea BES Pro
    I believe if you download and install JL_Cmder to completely wipe the OS from the device then using Desktop Manager re-install the OS, the IT Policy should be removed.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by leob View Post
    I believe if you download and install JL_Cmder to completely wipe the OS from the device then using Desktop Manager re-install the OS, the IT Policy should be removed.
    I've been told that this might work with my current OS, but that it will definitely work once I have 4.5.

infernox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Correct. That's what I read else where. It will NOT work on 4.5 only 4.2 and lower.
    9000 Bold / v4.6.0.297 / at&t

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    I have myself done a complete wipe and reinstall of the OS 4.2.1.74 for my 8800 and I keep getting the red lock on some of my options. Firewall included and numerous other options. How am I able to resolve this. btw.. ive never been on a bes setup.

leob no está en línea BES Pro
    If you navigate to Options - Security Options - General Settings, in the General Settings window under IT Policy Name what is shows there? If there is anything other than "default" with a time stamp and last updated time then there may be an IT Policy on your device. Are there any specific Firewall options blocked?

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    I know this is a problem for MANY out there, so I thought I would suggest this. I don't know if RIM will pay attention to it, or if such an application already exists, but it's worth a shot.

I am looking for an application to be made available by RIM (or anyone else that might be able to figure out how) that will allow individuals to remove/modify the IT Policy.

If someone is on BES for their job, the IT Policy will get reimplemented on their device once they reconnect anyway.

I was never on BES, I purchased it supposedly new from a TMO dealer. After attempting to place a new, blank IT Policy on my BB, the hateful red lock was turned on and I could no longer disable my firewall.

I would get errors regarding the firewall and IT Policy, and they are very annoying. Especially when I have an application that is supposed to work just fine but the IT Policy or red lock does not allow it.

So, an application to manually remove/modify the IT Policy would be great.
    Why dont you try upgrading to OS 4.5,then use jl_cmder to restoretofactory command,that should get rid of all It policy and also remove the firewall lock.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    No IT Policy visible anywhere in my BB menus.

PIN/ID
    320FB874
    What I meant was your firewall is still locked?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Yeah little red lock.

PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Ok...wanna try that suggestion?upgrade to os 4.5 then run jl_cmder restoreyofactory default and it should wipe all it policy and unlock your firewall leaving your OS and 3rd party applications.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    N/A
    I do not see the restoretofactory selection in jm_cmder. I have upgraded to 4.5 and wiped it through the security options, but I do not see it in the jl_cmder. Is there another version or only one version of jl_cmder?

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hmm...1.9.0 seems to still be the older version without resettofactory option...

EDIT: Found right version.
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 06-01-2008 at 04:11 PM.

PIN/ID
    320FB874
    i was using 1.9.0......iif im not wrong resettofactory option is number (5)......

PIN/ID
    N/A
    NO MORE RED LOCK OR IT POLICY ISSUES!!!

Either kkwus74 or myself will post exactly how it was done.

This was all thanks to kkwus74.