I have been an Apple user for 2 years now, a Blackberry user for the ... General Blackberry forum

HKing1337 no está en línea Stack level 1

Apple v. Blackberrry?

Advertisement

I have been an Apple user for 2 years now, a Blackberry user for the same amount of time. One thing I have noticed is how the very BASIC concepts of the OS are the same, simplicity and logical design.

I have always said that Blackberry is about as close to the Mac OS that any Windows user will probably get.

I LOL at the competitive rhetoric since the iPhone came out :P

That all being said, WHEN IS RIM GOING TO COME OUT WITH SOMETHING BETTER THAN 'POCKETMAC' TO WORK WITH MY BLACKBERRY? LOL

I really loathe the thought of dual booting to Windows XP on my macbook pro.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I feel your pain. I use VMWare with Vista to do the OS upgrading/syncing dirty work. It's pretty stable, but I worry each time.

They really should just include BB compatibility (at least the Curve) in iSync.

Kinda takes away from the idea that Macs 'Just Work'.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

HKing1337 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can do Windows XP and have it work perfect, I just don't want to dual boot.

Seems sort of blasphemous to install Windows on a Mac. :|

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Heh my exact thought! Poket mac is a joke! If you look and compare it top the more advanced software releases such as dm 4.6, this really makes you wonder how well does apple and rim work together! Overall with the iphone vs bold and such, I highly doubt there is going to be a lot of progress with mac side of blackberry!

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I feel your pain! I LOVE my Pearl and ditched PocketMac earlier this year for Missing Sync. I still have to use PocketMac for installing games and themes but I definitely wish that RIM would recognize how many of us MAC users are out there and love our Blackberry's too! I work FT and go to college too. I live on this technology daily.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    We all have different needs.

I too love Apple laptops & have owned over 8 PowerBooks as a long time Mac advocate.

I'm also a huge BlackBerry advocate & I would like to see RIM provide a DM for Mac.

I was forced to return my 4th new MacBook Pro because the WiFi, or Airport would not stay connected for more than 15 minutes, no matter which network it was on. Apple tech support admitted this has been a problem & that's why they gave me four new MBP's one after another to see if they could find a "good one". NO Luck!

So, this is not sour grapes, or bashing Apple as I still believe they are capable of building great laptops. But why have they ignored this problem which prevents me from owning one? I use WiFi everywhere, everyday as my internet connection. I meet clients at Starbucks all over the state. Pretty sad that Apple forces me to use another brand.

The bottom line is simply that neither RIM or Apple are perfect, and that's hurting a great number of us.

Cheers
    via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    It is probably a matter of RIM going with corporate customers -- who almost always are Windows shops.

BTW, a few months ago I was piggybacking on someone's Airport and I did
    notice the connection fading, once an hour or so...but it always came back! Strange problem?! Is that why Apple has trouble troubleshooting it?

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    We all have different needs.

I too love Apple laptops & have owned over 8 PowerBooks as a long time Mac advocate.

I'm also a huge BlackBerry advocate & I would like to see RIM provide a DM for Mac.

I was forced to return my 4th new MacBook Pro because the WiFi, or Airport would not stay connected for more than 15 minutes, no matter which network it was on. Apple tech support admitted this has been a problem & that's why they gave me four new MBP's one after another to see if they could find a "good one". NO Luck!

So, this is not sour grapes, or bashing Apple as I still believe they are capable of building great laptops. But why have they ignored this problem which prevents me from owning one? I use WiFi everywhere, everyday as my internet connection. I meet clients at Starbucks all over the state. Pretty sad that Apple forces me to use another brand.

The bottom line is simply that neither RIM or Apple are perfect, and that's hurting a great number of us.

Cheers
    via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)
    Archer, I'm sure you've done this, but you have ruled out your airport being the problem, right. I have had problems with my airport but never my MacBook. Just wondering. Have a great day!
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

SDU_Eric no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi I am a Mac user as well, and I have a question for you guys. I also use a BB Curve 8330. However I cannot get the BB to sync with PokcetMac. It just won't connect. I am very tempted to get the iPhone because of mobile me. Right now I have to duplicate my work by adding appointments and contacts into my computer and BB manually and vise versa. I have XP on the mac with the RIM desktop as well, is there any other way I can get my BB to sync with my iCal and Address Book on the XP side? Please let me know how you guys do it. Thanks!