Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Found this article on Digg... Quote: "Apple are outselling RIMM to new subscribers right now. ... General Blackberry forum

ngregory00 no está en línea Stack level 2

Apple to RIM: PWND!

Advertisement

Found this article on Digg...

Quote: "Apple are outselling RIMM to new subscribers right now. Apple, in one country, are attracting more people to switch to an iPhone than RIMM can attract to switch to Blackberries in the entire world."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The big boys see Rimm's FG pep talk as whistling past the cemetery
    Unremarked on by every commentator is the following fact:

RIMM added 1.45M new subscribers last quarter. In the entire world. In over 120 countries, served by 300 carriers. In other words, throughout the globe, on every carrier, in every country, RIMM added 1.45M new users (not replacement handsets or upgrades for existing users, but new Blackberry users).

In the US alone, on one network, Apple has probably sold a similar number of iPhones to people choosing the iPhone in preference to any other phone - including one of its closest (and vastly cheaper) competitors, the Blackberry Pearl.

Apple are outselling RIMM to new subscribers right now. Apple, in one country, are attracting more people to switch to an iPhone than RIMM can attract to switch to Blackberries in the entire world. More...

(Link: http://tinyurl.com/2oyycp)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Apple to RIM: PWND!

I don't understand how this is relevant to anything.

The devices are 2 different things. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Yes they are phones but the similarities end there.

RIM will always have a foothold in the corporate world and apple will always have a foothold in the media world. That's all I will say.

ngregory00 no está en línea Stack level 2

Agreed. I notice that it's usually the Apple camp that feels the need to put themselves on par with RIM, not the other way around.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ lol. If anything iphone hype did rim a huge favor. They are looking great.

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~note how they emphasize "new" subscribers. The majority of blackberry purchases are upgrades from previous blackberry models. Hence the iphone has a long long way to go to try catch up.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~note how they emphasize "new" subscribers. The majority of blackberry purchases are upgrades from previous blackberry models. Hence the iphone has a long long way to go to try catch up.
    Absolutely right.

trickynick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D2CA11

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    very good point!!!

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Those are good points. And I wonder if they are counting new iPhone sales that happen when someone already with at&t upgrades into one. Because it is a new contract with the data for the phone regardless of the previous contract. Not to mention the already mentioned the iPhone isn't a smart phone and no one from Apple ever said it was. The only reason the comparison is there in my opinion is because in terms of phones people talk about and want BlackBerrys are the iPhones only real competition. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Ho ho, AT&T was blackmailing RIM to have GPS neutered on new AT&T Blackberries...to give poor iPhone a BREAK! But...the Net heard about it (I sure hope RIM purposefully leaked it!) and forced AT&T to walk the straight and narrow.

And forgo the fruit of the apple tree.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

im on my 3rd blackberry model and yea apple has there fan boys but i dont think anyone can match RIM when it comes to customer loyalty the only thing the iphone has is the ability to watch youtube with out taking 3 or 4 steps once RIM can do that it will be easy like sunday morning

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

They're two different phones, but it's sort of stupid to compare them. At least the Blackberry has a real keyboard and can install third party apps.

Finley no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b296d0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ really. The iPhone is mad to be cool to the kids. The blackberry is made to function.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

At least you can unlock your Blackberry and it still works.

kelhosseiny no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415c7cf

Screw iphones! If u bang ur pocket against a corner with ur iphone in ur pocket and u dent the screen ur screwed, go get a new phone. Just give in and get a BB!
    .~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

RIM has 10,000,000+ subscribers. iPhone has 1,000,000+.

Any "new" product rollout that is successful will normally have a much higher growth rate (of net new sales) than a mature product line.

I know an iPod is not an iPhone or BB, but you can see my point: The growth rate of iPods is going to be lower than the iPhone simply because its a mature product line as opposed to being a new product.

It will be an interesting comparison in 2 years, when the original contracts are up, there are 2 or 3 models of iPhone, and RIM has a video streaming touch screen model to compete. (Making assumptions here)
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast