Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To better compare, we might to better to compare ATT sales of the iPhone vs ... General Blackberry forum

Re: Apple fanboys sorry read this yay for bb

Advertisement

To better compare, we might to better to compare ATT sales of the iPhone vs ATT sales of the Curve which came out roughly around the same time as the iPhone, and then if there was a way to track the resale of each phone after it went to the consumer.
    Excellent. This would give us a better idea how they compete directly. However, they are different machines, targeted to different audiences so it's still unclear whether a comparison would be necessary -- iphone is primarily targeted to consumers, BB is primarily targeted to business.

Bottom line if you want to pick iphone vs sole pearl, 8800 or curve your hard numbers win you a victory for the iphone.
    That is correct. Also correct is that McDonalds sells more Big Macs than Sears sells Hot Water Heaters.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

You can't make this comparison on any level. You can't even compare stocks---because Apple has more variety to offer than RIM would which will effect the stock prices.

There is no comparison.

That's why I was asking for hard numbers, all the "reports" that are sent out and subsequently posted here, are merely opinion and severly shaded with bias. There is no comparison.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Of course the iPhone sold in big numbers when it first came out, it was brand new and shiny. Anything new sells like crazy in the beginning and then settles into a pattern much like it's competition. You can't compare it to a company that has had devices out for a while like BB. I think people make too big a deal of comparing products. It's a positive to have competition. That's what drives advancements.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    So what is being said is that BlackBerry (all models) outsells Iphone (1 model)? Without doing any research, I bet Motorola, LG, Nokia, Samsung (respectively, not combined) can say the same thing. Kellogs sells more cereal than Post sells Grape Nuts. GM sells more cars than Ford sells Mustangs.
    Yes, but ALL RIM cell phone devices outsell ALL Apple cell phone devices!

Guess THAT blows your theory out of the water, huh???

Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    Yes, but ALL RIM cell phone devices outsell ALL Apple cell phone devices!

Guess THAT blows your theory out of the water, huh???
    Which theory are you referring to?

bgill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461F24B

Is anyone suprised by this? The BB is for a customer that is a little more sophisticated, a little more independent. Funny though, I was considering the iphone before I bought the Curve but once I did a comparison it became quite evident the BB was the best choice for me.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Whoever wants hard numbers, don't waste your time! If you think the iphone can compare to any of the newer bbs you're just nuts! Multi media is better & that's it! & with the pearl 2 coming, its prob gonna lose in that area as well! It won't cost 600 bucks either! Whoever paid that is a... Well I'll just keep that to myself! Prob the same person asking for hard numbers! Like that even matters.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

Lets all agree the the curve blows away the iPhone.
    BBs are more of a cult following than iPhone does.
    BBs are more professional than the iPhone and the iPhone people are more college kids and/or ecentric people.
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    Because you can't compare ONE item with the sale of FIVE....not statistically pure.
    Actually, you can: it's Blackberry/RIM's entire mobile phone lineup against Apple's entire mobile phone lineup.

That Apple only has one mobile phone model (actually, two -- 4gb and 8gb) and is sold through only one carrier (actually that's just in North America, there are carriers overseas) doesn't dilute the statistics.

That said, I agree in what's being said, but it is possible to do a pure statistical comparison, as given above.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

MacBerry76 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243CC6D1

Thumbs up Re: Apple fanboys sorry read this yay for bb

Even this diehard Machead can't deny the cold, hard facts! But seriously, I've only had my BB for a week and I honestly don't know how I held out for so long!
    "If Marilyn Manson suddenly died, what colour would everyone wear to the funeral??"

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I see. Not interested in the numbers, can care less about that fact. I like Apple and RIM. Unique phones, as long as I can talk. Puff with which one outsold the next.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: Apple fanboys sorry read this yay for bb

So Apple makes a phone .... RIM has several different models along with all kinds of software to use both in personal use and business. I really think there's no way to compare this. Alot of businesses use them, governments use them, military, gosh the list goes on who uses BlackBerry's. Of course it's gonna outsell a iPhone!
    I saw my first iPhone yesterday and got to use it! (A friend has one) It's got it's pro's & Con's but, what doesn't!
    Wal-Mart or Target
    and so on...... I go with BlackBerry!
    It's part of the BB addiction!!
    Last edited by CoolFinalFan; 02-17-2008 at 05:01 AM. Reason: add-on

drogthe3 no está en línea Stack level 1

i would mos def chose RIM over Apple. Too many complications with iPhones. Never have i trusted Apple

Riku99 no está en línea Stack level 1

I like bbs more than iphones. The iphones seem more.....breakable...:P

I wonder if there's an iphone forum like this out there. I should google it. I'm curious about how they would respond if we posted that article there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast