I just bought QuickLaunch from App World. It installed fine, but when I clicked on ... General Blackberry forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

App World Woes

Advertisement

I just bought QuickLaunch from App World. It installed fine, but when I clicked on it, it said to enter the activation code. Huh? Have several app world apps, never needed an activation code before. I checked my conf email-no act. code. Emailed QuickLaunch customer service. They told me to uninstall ALL my apps from app world, delete app world, reinstall the new client (I'm assuming V 1.1) app world and then do a battery pull. (Scratches head). Two questions, what happens to the 8 or 9 apps I've paid for and will they appear in the my world list ready to activate? Lol, wow. If anyone can guide me here I would appreciate it.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    nada
    Follow up. I emailed QL customer support again and expressed my reservations about uninstalling all my AW apps and why could they not generate me an act. code. The email said "in japan on vacation, maybe RIM will get it fixed tomorrow". ROTFL. Huh? Anyway, if anyone has any ides, I'm all ears. Thanks guys.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Wow Chokem. That's a new one. When you uninstall App World, as long as the app was downloaded or is available through it, it will keep a record of it. I had a problem getting the upgrade available notification to go away and had to uninstall it a couple of times, but it always knew my apps I had installed, removed, and archived. As a precaution, you may want to archive them to your SD card and then uninstall/reinstall App World.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    nada
    Ok thanks. I can't even find a link for customer support for app world. It connects you to the BB website and lists Q&As about trouble shooting but no link to customer service. I'm not going to uninstall all these apps, I don't really feel that I need to, all I need is the act code. Its obviously a glitch on their behalf, and if I cannot get it solved I'll get PayPal involved. Thanks M.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I wouldn't delete the other apps either glenn....that should have nothing to do with getting an activation code for another app.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Ok thanks. I can't even find a link for customer support for app world. It connects you to the BB website and lists Q&As about trouble shooting but no link to customer service. I'm not going to uninstall all these apps, I don't really feel that I need to, all I need is the act code. Its obviously a glitch on their behalf, and if I cannot get it solved I'll get PayPal involved. Thanks M.
    In my experience QL takes a bit to generate the activation code, but what is happenning to you is a shame, hope you get it solved...
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    nada
    Thanks guys, I'm a pretty patient guy. Like you said EA, it may take a while. Also I'll contact the QL guy again when he gets back from Japan.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Piss poor support of a paying customer.
    Shame on you QL.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.151 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

PIN/ID
    nada
    Lol, I think it may be more of a RIM/Appworld issue. I have been conversing with the QL guy and he said RIM exports the apps ans has to send the act code. I emailed them so we'll see.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm on board with everyone else, I would see it out with patients. I can't see uninstalling/reinstalling software unrelated to their App as being a fix. Kind of makes you wonder why they gave that advice tho? If you get a chance you may ask them.