Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This leads me to wonder how many of tthe different bb's this has been tried ... General Blackberry forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

This leads me to wonder how many of tthe different bb's this has been tried on? I remember when I had my Bold 9000 I didn't bother with App world at all as it was too slow, and I didn't have enough memory to run many apps anyway. I know this is not the case with the 9650, but I do wonder if the new App World is more geared towards touchscreen devices and of course the newer OS 7 devices which will be available soon. This leads to another point, once the new devices are released will they stop updating OS6 and apps for OS6?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    That's always a big item dave as to whether they will keep up on the old apps, I think some they do and most they don't. I would think that as long as they are selling OS6 devices and supporting the apps will follow in suit, but beware when they start disappearing.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yeah, I know when I got my first BB (8530) a little over a year ago I was already having a hard time finding good apps/themes for it, which is partly what prompted me to try theme building myself. I think it is as with any other technology, when something newer and better comes along, everyone jumps on the bandwagon and the rest get left behind. So if OS5 was becoming obsolete with the release of OS6, I can only imagine what those people will go through with the release of OS7
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I've been a beta zone member since the start of beta zone, so I went ahead and signed up for App World beta 3. It has a really nice interface. However, I've never really used App World much for apps. I prefer Mobihand. The only paid app I've ever gotten from App World is BeBuzz, and only because Bellshare was running a promotion where they refunded my purchase price immediately after I bought the app.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Villordsutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    I like the new App World for the BB. I have hit a few hitches and freezes but nothing major. Really brings it up to date.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I received a survey from Beta Zone about AppWorld 3. I gave it good marks for the user interface. However, I did provide feedback stating that a pretty interface does not help if the quantity and quality of the apps is lacking. I stated that more and better apps need to be available and specifically mentioned that certain apps are available for Android, but not BlackBerry, which might influence my next smartphone purchase.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12