Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

App world vs 3 is available in the Beta Zone on blackberry.com It is a ... General Blackberry forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thumbs up App World vs 3

Advertisement

App world vs 3 is available in the Beta Zone on blackberry.com It is a major improvement, great UI a lot faster and cleaner. No problems as yet

I have attached a few images (screen shots) I hope
    Attached Images Attached Images

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    There are a few issues already identified, I would not suggest everyone jump on it yet . . . on leaks that is.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    True this is a Beta vs, not leaked though it is there for testing. The issues I have found at the moment are minor, and the speed makes up for it.. some people are having issues with the account log, and there is a minor annoyance that you have to log in every time you want to see myworld, but overall it is good.

When it is released it should be a boost for bb, particularly with all the complaints about Appworld in the past

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thanks dave new is good beta is beta you live with the good and bad

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That's one thing I miss about not being on a BB anymore is the Beta Zone and testing other apps (like Bellshare apps).

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    You can always come back Roger especially with all the new phones and operating system!! It will be interesting to see how RIM fares, the Playbook is getting government aproval, doesn't seem to upset Apple though, and I just read a review of the Samsung Pad which maintained the Ipad2 is No 1 and the Playbook is a long way behind.... funny no mention of multi tasking obviously not important to the reviewers

Be a hard decision at the next upgrade

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    You can always come back Roger especially with all the new phones and operating system!! It will be interesting to see how RIM fares, the Playbook is getting government aproval, doesn't seem to upset Apple though, and I just read a review of the Samsung Pad which maintained the Ipad2 is No 1 and the Playbook is a long way behind.... funny no mention of multi tasking obviously not important to the reviewers

Be a hard decision at the next upgrade
    Roger needs to come back to BLACK
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    I finally managed to get signed up with beta zone today, as all prior attempts I was denied saying I wasn't in the US. Once on I joined several beta programs, App World being one of them. So I got the app installed, got the 40-mile long keycode and it doesn't work. I can copy it with no problem, but it won't allow me to paste it. So now I have no access to App World at all #fail

Aside from joining the App World beta program, which has rendered my app completely useless, I also joined the beta programs for BB News Feeds as well as BBM6, both of which I later discovered I have newer versions of on my device that what they're "giving away" in the beta zone.

I have to say that I'm not impressed with beta zone at all so far #fail
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The keycodes are very long, but i have only once had a problem pasting it in once, basically I selected an additional line. You need to select it from th email on the bb, the selection has to stop on the last character then press menu copy, pasting the code in then works

They should most definitely show that a program is closed. Once you get it working its good.

The keycodes are very long, but i have only once had a problem pasting it in once, basically I selected an additional line. You need to select it from th email on the bb, the selection has to stop on the last character then press menu copy, pasting the code in then works

They should most definitely show that a program is closed. Once you get it working its good.
    I don't know what could be the problem with mine because when I highlight it, the area highlighted turns blue, so I know I'm not getting in any extra lines or anything. But after trying at least a dozen times with no success, I posted about it in their discussions. I was hoping to get a pretty quick response, but so far nothing
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Have you tried requesting a new code
    - Login to Beta Zone via your BlackBerry smartphone
    - Browse to the program you need a keycode for under "My Programs"
    - Navigate to the "Downloads" tab
    - Click through to the download
    - When prompted to replace your current application version, click "No"
    - This will initiate the generation of a keycode*which will be sent to the email address linked to your*Beta Zone account

hope this helps
    It could be the code is incorrect. Also check in your profile to make sure they have the correct pin

Have you tried requesting a new code
    - Login to Beta Zone via your BlackBerry smartphone
    - Browse to the program you need a keycode for under "My Programs"
    - Navigate to the "Downloads" tab
    - Click through to the download
    - When prompted to replace your current application version, click "No"
    - This will initiate the generation of a keycode*which will be sent to the email address linked to your*Beta Zone account

hope this helps
    It could be the code is incorrect. Also check in your profile to make sure they have the correct pin
    Well I did as you suggested and its still not allowing me to paste anything into the keycode field

I even sat and carefully tried to enter the code manually and it told me it was invalid, which I assume I somehow mistyped something, but was not about to go back and do it a second time.

I was going to post something about the issue in their "Bugs" discussion when I came across one concerning the same problem that had already been started. While reading through that, someone had suggested a workaround (holding down the trackpad until the menu dialog pops up) that apparently worked for others, so I gave that a try. I was able to successfully paste in my keycode, FINALLY! But then when I hit the "OK" button it completely locked up my device. Subsequently, each time I try to access App World now it does the same thing and I have to reset my device. #fail

Thanks for trying to help though!
    Last edited by JavaBratt; 08-07-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: added workaround info
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Havoc65 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaBratt View Post
    Well I did as you suggested and its still not allowing me to paste anything into the keycode field

I even sat and carefully tried to enter the code manually and it told me it was invalid, which I assume I somehow mistyped something, but was not about to go back and do it a second time.

I was going to post something about the issue in their "Bugs" discussion when I came across one concerning the same problem that had already been started. While reading through that, someone had suggested a workaround (holding down the trackpad until the menu dialog pops up) that apparently worked for others, so I gave that a try. I was able to successfully paste in my keycode, FINALLY! But then when I hit the "OK" button it completely locked up my device. Subsequently, each time I try to access App World now it does the same thing and I have to reset my device. #fail

if your running OS 6 press and hold the track pad the option should come up to paste that should solve it for ya

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaBratt View Post

Have you tried redownloading deleting App world and re downloading it and reinstalling? I suppose a last resortwould be to reinstall the original version from your backup

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc65 View Post
    if your running OS 6 press and hold the track pad the option should come up to paste that should solve it for ya
    Yeah I tried that when I first installed the app and it completely locked up my device. I did a battery pull afterward, tried that again and had the same result, so I ended up completely deleting App World.

Have you tried redownloading deleting App world and re downloading it and reinstalling? I suppose a last resortwould be to reinstall the original version from your backup
    Yesterday, since I no longer had App World at all I decided to go ahead and give it another shot. I downloaded the app and it didn't even prompt me to use a keycode this time. So I finally got it installed, but I can't say I'm overly impressed with it so far. At least not on my 9650.

What I've noticed so far about App World 3...

- It has a lot more lag than my previous version as far as downloading images and whatnot; although the actual download of apps does seem a bit faster
    - The cursor randomly disappears, allowing me to scroll up/down, but without the ability to click anything. I then have to hit escape, exit the item and go back in to get it working again.
    - I can no longer use Quick Launch, as it opens BAW in the background, but never actually opens it on the screen.
    - It also appears that my device itself is running a bit slower and seems to have a bit more lag, although I can't figure out why.

I'll give it some more time and see what happens, but so far it looks nicer and that's about it. But we will see
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast