Is there any way to access the App world without downloading the application? Possibly go ... General Blackberry forum

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

App world

Advertisement

Is there any way to access the App world without downloading the application? Possibly go to a website to download applications? I deleted it from my bb and got 4m or memory back.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't think you can access it without the download. If you could, I'd be a fan of that! It's so slow that it'd be a pleasure to simply use it from a p-c and leave the BB access to the people with "time to burn."
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Nope, it's only available through your device. The thing about it is this, download it, install what you want, then uninstall it. Just set a bookmark in your browser so you can get back to it quickly if you want to check for new apps. That's all I did on my 8830s and 8330. Now that I have the Tour, I'm not so worried about it since I'm still over 120mb.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafixx01 View Post
    Nope, it's only available through your device. The thing about it is this, download it, install what you want, then uninstall it. Just set a bookmark in your browser so you can get back to it quickly if you want to check for new apps. That's all I did on my 8830s and 8330. Now that I have the Tour, I'm not so worried about it since I'm still over 120mb.
    That's a good plan, Graf. I don't particularly need the memory on my 8330 but it's be the 1st to go if I did.

The new phones have so much additional memory that it's usually not a problem. I have a spare 8900 - it's got "memory to burn" and I love that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ldv9 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry App World download

Anyone wanting to download blackberry app world can download it from www.blackberry.com/lae the code is 543455. this is a ota download

PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Quote Originally Posted by ldv9 View Post
    Anyone wanting to download blackberry app world can download it from www.blackberry.com/lae the code is 543455. this is a ota download

That doesn't work, returns :

[FONT=Arial]

[/FONT]

This website is accessible through the web browser of a BlackBerry device only.

Copyright © 2008 Research In Motion Limited, unless otherwise noted.

We were trying to get AppWorld to be dowloaded on to the Desktop of a PC, ran, then download the programs for like a DM install. Which, as far as I know from all my playing with AppWorld, it can't be done. Only to the device through OTA.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I don't think you can access it without the download. If you could, I'd be a fan of that! It's so slow that it'd be a pleasure to simply use it from a p-c and leave the BB access to the people with "time to burn."
    Whew! I thought it was just my phone. It's soooo slow

PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    That's a good plan, Graf. I don't particularly need the memory on my 8330 but it's be the 1st to go if I did.

The new phones have so much additional memory that it's usually not a problem. I have a spare 8900 - it's got "memory to burn" and I love that.

Yeah, my 8830 always was low on memory, so I never installed it.

My 8330, well, I tried to not put that many programs on it because I started to save my messages for a longer period of time and add more to my calendar so I didn't want to deal with it.

MaxMem frees up a fair amount of memory for you, if you're running low. It'll uninstall that VAD (Voice-Activated-Dialing) and some other idiotic stuff that most people do not end up using. You can also try that.

I haven't done it on my Tour since I haven't dropped below 125mb free since I got it and took stuff off as well as added.