Hello all... I've been reading off and on for a few months, but here's a ... General Blackberry forum

holder322 no está en línea Stack level 1

AOL mail not forwarding properly

Advertisement

Hello all... I've been reading off and on for a few months, but here's a question:

Anyone had issues with their AOL mail being forwarded? I'm on a BES I believe (corporate issued BB synched to company mail), and I was rolling along great having my AOL mail forwarded for the past few months. Other than the 10-minute delay or so, it was fine.

Now, I'm seeing random delays of a couple hours in some cases, and then two or three messages will pop in at once. Any ideas what could be wrong?

And I did try using AOL webmail through the browser, but it was unbelievably slow and not efficient at all. If important, I'm using a 7250 and have 4.0 -- I think. (Am I BB illiterate or what?).

Thanks in advance.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: AOL mail not forwarding properly

How were you forwarding your AOL mail? I have been told that AOL won't forward email to BB's. I was also told that there are utilities available from AOL's website to forward your email. Are you using a forwarding rule or a 3rd party utility to forward your email?
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

holder322 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I just went into the email setup utility and linked to my AOL account and it worked like a charm (until now). As for the AOL site options, none seemed to work with my handset, at least as far as I could tell. Mail is still coming thru, just an hour (or two or three) late and they're coming in bunches - usually two or three at a time. Very strange.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by TechieGirl
    How were you forwarding your AOL mail? I have been told that AOL won't forward email to BB's. I was also told that there are utilities available from AOL's website to forward your email. Are you using a forwarding rule or a 3rd party utility to forward your email?
    This is an ongoing problem with AOL and RIM. Supposedly there is a fix in the works. For now, I've taken my AOL accounts off my BIS account and check them from the PC.