It's another kind of app from X-Berrysoft which changes the color of the pearl when ... General Blackberry forum

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

anyone tried xColorEvent?

Advertisement

It's another kind of app from X-Berrysoft which changes the color of the pearl when different events are triggered e.g sms. Its currently in beta version and I can't seem to find an ota at their site, only zip file. I don't have a pc or DM to install also I'm not sure if it work on my 8800. Can someone try it out and let me know the good news?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: anyone tried xColorEvent?

It's only for the Pearl, I don't believe the 83XX or the 88XX have colored LEDs under the trackball.

I know the ColorPearl application only worked with the Pearl because of this. If used with other models i think it crashed the device.

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

Thanks reddog for the fast reply. Lucky I didn't try it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ No doubt! I was going to try it when I got home. Glad I didn't!

dsw274 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

i have the pearl and this program does not funtion correctly. althou, its the only program out like it, and i have since re-installed it. I am looking for a program that will use the trackball colors to notifie me of an incoming message or call.

although xcolor evet works great (on an 8100) for the incoming call part, i did not funtion at all for notifiing me of an incoming message

has any one ever come across this problem bfeore ? pearl users?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

yeah right now xcolorevent is the only program that i have heard of that the trackball will change colors when incoming messages etc....

i've been getting the same messages, i don't know what's causing it to act up, but i also know that i have colorpearl on my device...maybe deleting and reinstalling might do the trick, let us know if you have any luck
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    Ask

i had no luck , i at one point did have color ball installed witch is just like color pearl only it cost money (what a waste). now i only have xcolor event installed on my blackberry, and still the only thing that really works well is the incoming call alert, the new text message alert does not funtion at all. i am guessing its due to a profile setting that is causing it from not working , but that is just a guess.

so this is me letting you know how it works... not so good.

only 1 color chaning track ball aplication is installed (xcolor event) (witch is the only program that allows you to change the 2 diffent notifactions, correct?) and still only the incoming call feature works, the incoming message feature does not do anything, nothing!!!

what am i doing, wrong?

and if that is the case and you got it to work, what firmware do u have installed on ur BB,/?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nt_events.html

if you go there, that's the thread started by the creator of that app....you might find soem help there
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

When I installed it a couple weeks ago it did not work at all for me. All it did was freeze my phone and I have an 8100

PIN/ID
    Ask

please tell me the following information "ssjason"

Currently what:

Profile do you have activated
    OS firmware are you running