... that if you have empower enable, your emails are not displayed in the body? ... General Blackberry forum

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Did anyone notice since the 2.5 BIS upgrade

Advertisement

... that if you have empower enable, your emails are not displayed in the body? I had to disable empower in order to view the content. Not a bad thing now since we can now view html but remember empower is suppose to be compatible with 4.5 OS?

I dont know if any one notice, but we can now view video attachments sent from the bb using the recorder. Before I wasnt able to view these attachments, only if it came as MMS, but it had to be very short. I had fun sending and receiving vids today. Just a heads up.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I noticed that also

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    upgrading now to get the 2.5 goodies...

was wondering about empower. i didn't know (until some bbm friends told me) that we were going to need 4.5 to experience the 2.5 upgrades.

let's hope this upgrade goes better than all the others ...

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i also noticed some non mobile friendly websites make the hour glass pop up and then it goes away then pops up again. It does this numerous times, even if I exit the application, I have to hard reboot or remove the battery to get it normal again

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does anyone know if Sprint has upgraded to BIS 2.5? I am still running OS 4.3 so I have no way of knowing.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i also noticed some non mobile friendly websites make the hour glass pop up and then it goes away then pops up again. It does this numerous times, even if I exit the application, I have to hard reboot or remove the battery to get it normal again
    im getting the hourglass regardless of what site. i have had serious bad luck with the 4.5's

beejreit no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Taco View Post
    Does anyone know if Sprint has upgraded to BIS 2.5? I am still running OS 4.3 so I have no way of knowing.
    I don't think it will matter because we won't see any of the new features until they come out with 4.5 on CDMA. But ill definitely jump on the chance to load that beta on my pearl when its leaked

SebasC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FAAC32
    Does anybody still NEED empower now that HTML email is finally supported??

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am aware I won't see any difference until I have 4.5. I was just curious. I was hoping that if Sprint upgraded to BIS 2.5, that would mean they might be close to releasing OS 4.5

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasC View Post
    Does anybody still NEED empower now that HTML email is finally supported??
    Empower isn't dead -- in fact, it still offers quite a few options that the HTML email through BIS doesn't yet have.

It will color code the headers of you messages, control the fonts, display background and is generally smoother since you don't have to manually tell the BB to download images.

If the BIS HTML email matures, I can see where Empower might not be as necessary -- but I really don't think it's there yet.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does the bis2.5 have the option to add a calendar appointment? I know it was an Empower option. I used it a lot.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by paullamm View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does the bis2.5 have the option to add a calendar appointment? I know it was an Empower option. I used it a lot.
    i dint find any option to add to calendar...