I have a Curve from t-mobile and want to remove the myfaves UI from it. ... General Blackberry forum

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a

anyone know how to remove MyFaves?

Advertisement

I have a Curve from t-mobile and want to remove the myfaves UI from it. I know where it is located in the core applications when using app loader, but it is locked.

Anyone know a way to get into the core applications to be able to change/remove applications?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Well If you aren't on myfaves then you don't have it. If you want to remove it I'm very sure in the software the is a myfaves.alx file. I'm guessing if that's removed then it would wipe it out. But that is pure specualtion. Maybe this will get you into the right direction. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Use Java Commands to erase the module

javaloader -usb erase net_rim_tmo_five

I think that's the only one in there.

If you don't know how to use Java Commands though, I don't recommend doing it, because there is a good chance you will be right back in here asking for this thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html

=-)

PIN/ID
    244d259a

alx file

Actually there isn't an alx file that is accessible. The program is coded into the core applications which is inaccessible from app loader in the bb desktop manager.

The question really is; How to get into the nuts and bolts of the phone that T-Mobile and Rim don't want you to get into?
    With a Windows Mobile device all that would be needed would be a registry editor program and you could wipe out the entry. Since Blackberry runs a Java enviornment getting into the device is a little tougher.

I guess what I'm really asking is "does anyone know of freeware/software that can edit the phone's 'registry'?"

(Thanks though. I wish it were that simple)

PIN/ID
    244d259a

Thanks n8dbb!

That's kinda what I thought. Just didn't know how to get into it. I already have the Java enviornment and BB SDK.

Appreciate the help!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    N8 to the rescue that's bro. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    244d259a
    so after finally getting a chance to play with Javaloader more I run across another problem with this process.

When running the "erase" command, I connect to my device but get the error message "module is in use".
    so I turned the device off and got the same response (pulling battery didn't work either)

What am I not doing? I'm sure it's something simple, but haven't gotten there yet.

Thanks in advance!!!