I am wondering if anyone knows about meanings of event log warnings. I only looked ... General Blackberry forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Question Anyone know about event log warnings or FTP servers?

Advertisement

I am wondering if anyone knows about meanings of event log warnings. I only looked a t the event log because I was having issues with connecting to a FTP server.

In the log I noticed there was a message saying "no sig from 0x33", then I noticed that quite a few other apps had this same message. These include Viigo, AZ Central, Gmail and more. This message comes up as always logged, not warning, but just wondering if this message is related to my inablility to connect with this certain FTP server. Does anyone know what it means or how to resolve it?

Next, these are frequent warnings on my BB: net.rim.udp RXnp, and net.rim.mdp TNda Are these serious problems and is there a fix for it?

While I'm asking questions, does anyone know what would cause the message "unable to connect to FTP server" I've been doing a beta testing trial of the BeFTP which allowa me to download books directly to my memory card OTA. My connection to the their FTP server has been spotty. When I get it to connect it works beautifully, but then if I restart,battery pull, or simply turn off my BB then once again every time I try to connect I get that same message. Sometimes it will be like this for days, then suddenly I'll try again and it works. If anyone has insight for this I would love to learn.

Here's the basic info for my device:8130 Pearl, OS4.3.0.81, BIS, Alltel, CDMA

Thanks

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Anyone know about event log warnings or FTP servers?

are you sure you dont have options -> advanced -> TCP , settings filled inn?

Thats the first thing I can think of.

Do this application BeFTP have connection settings?

Wher would I find TCP? When I go to options then advanced there is nothing that says TCP.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

your menu could be different than mine, but ive got options -> advanced , and at the bottom TCP.

Sry imageshack is down atm, i cant include screenshots

I do not have TCP anywhere in the advanced options menu. I even looked in each item in the advanced menu to see if I could find it anywhere and couldn't!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thomas843 no está en línea Stack level 3

I get the same message saying "no sig from 0x33" and been wondering myself what it means. I see it often on my event log. I also get " PME12:Failed to load:x-object:/WLANsignalLevel?align=left&width=32&height=15&yofs =O&)fs=0 "

What does this mean?? ANybody know?

My Blackberry runs fine, no problems as of yet, was just wondering about the messages in the event log.
    Last edited by Thomas843; 02-01-2008 at 02:04 PM.

it seems related to java IO exception error atleast thats what google tells

NP_Phoneman
    had this error in this post
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._a_7250_a.html

Reading that, could it be that this is the error (or one of them) event for connection timeout?

Ok but what about the TCP? What is it and where can I find it?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

well I'm guessing you don thave a place to set your APN settings.. if you dont have it, its not set.. I know 8100 got it, because Ive got the same phone ;p guessed 8130 had it to

Sure throw another unknown term at me, so what's APN, TCP? What do they do? Is there something I'm missing since I can't seem to find them anywhere in my menu and how do I go about getting it fixed?

OK from looking at some threads, some of which are several years old so not sure if things changed, it looks like Alltel CDMA bbs don't have the TCP option, no ability to change APN settings. Anyone know if that's still the case?

What am I unable to do without this option, how am I limited?

Is there any software program that would work with my bb to get around this?