Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have tmobile...and no matter where i am my phone goes "searchin for network" like ... General Blackberry forum

Thea1981 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Anyone having "searching for network" issue?

Advertisement

I have tmobile...and no matter where i am my phone goes "searchin for network" like every 20 mins...and says GSM, then in small caps gpsr..and i drop calls..this started happening like in the last 2weeks..i did the take battery out and sim card and reset it...AND i turned wireless off..still happens...tmobile told me to turn it off..while they took me off the tower and then i started it back up and still happens...WTF?! BTW i have a 7290....4.1 software, so far we give tmo two down

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Anyone having "searching for network" issue?

Did you try using manual network search? Sounds like poor network coverage. If you stick with t-mobile u may want to invest in a signal booster. Only cost like 2 bux.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    Did you try using manual network search? Sounds like poor network coverage. If you stick with t-mobile u may want to invest in a signal booster. Only cost like 2 bux.
    can i get one on ebay?

PIN/ID

I did a wipe and reinstall..we will see how its does.. but so far so good

ml320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

dang thea and you tried to get me to move to TMO?????WOW lol

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by ml320
    You guys crack me up!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I have never had that problem with Tmo. I get great reception almost everywhere I go.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Hello Thea,

I've had that same problem with my 7290 at tmobile for the last couple of weeks, they told me it was my device after all the troubleshooting just got the 7100t yesterday and it dropped signal once this morning. I'm 25 miles from the south side of Chicago! Signal only drops on blackberrys not on regular cell phones, my mother and sister never lose their signals.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I've wiped the software downgraded from 4.1 to tmobiles original OS and still dropped signal. I did everything they said including switching sim card my blackberry dropped signal with my moms sim card in it. There has got to be something going on with Tmobiles network and they're too ignorant to know what the problem is or to be able to identify the problem. I've seen lack of knowledge I was a sprint tech and trust me half the time we couldn't help the customer cause the network had issues that were unfixable gave away more free minutes that you'd believe. I know the routine and they don't know what's wrong or how to fix it.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    I've wiped the software downgraded from 4.1 to tmobiles original OS and still dropped signal. I did everything they said including switching sim card my blackberry dropped signal with my moms sim card in it. There has got to be something going on with Tmobiles network and they're too ignorant to know what the problem is or to be able to identify the problem. I've seen lack of knowledge I was a sprint tech and trust me half the time we couldn't help the customer cause the network had issues that were unfixable gave away more free minutes that you'd believe. I know the routine and they don't know what's wrong or how to fix it.
    lack of knowledge about a network issue OR stating that there isn't an issue when they KNOW there is one happens with ALL service providers. Cingular is the worst for it. My experience with Verizon has been a little better. Tmo I've never had an issue to call about.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by ml320
    u wanna fight LOL

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    Hello Thea,

I've had that same problem with my 7290 at tmobile for the last couple of weeks, they told me it was my device after all the troubleshooting just got the 7100t yesterday and it dropped signal once this morning. I'm 25 miles from the south side of Chicago! Signal only drops on blackberrys not on regular cell phones, my mother and sister never lose their signals.
    Yea im downtown so of course its lousy and when i visted my dads on the south side...signal went out of course..good glad it wasnt just me...my guy think its my phone.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Thea, do you know anyone else with Tmobile near you? If you do, have them go to the same spot (area) that you loose service, and see how their service is. This will rule out a handset problem. If they have the same issue, its the network where you are there.

Those 2 dollar signal boosters are a fake, so dont waste the 2 dollars. Assuming its the network, the only thing you can do is call and complain, but it wont do much unless they get enough complaints. How much longer is your contract? Would it be worth it to pay the cancelation fee, and just go with a different provider? You might need to. This also assumes its the network. If that other person with Tmobile has no issues in the same spot, then its your bb. In which case, get it swaped

Hope that helps!!

PIN/ID

i wanna swap but they tryna charge me the insurance deductible of 110 dollas! ...wtf?!
    I just renewed my contract too..my phone is under my biz name

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Hmm If a swap works, I think 110 is worth it. At least your service will work good again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast