Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have it on vibrate only while at work, my coworkers are getting quite unimpressed ... General Blackberry forum

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I have it on vibrate only while at work, my coworkers are getting quite unimpressed with the various chimes & what not coming from my pants....The pocket I mean!

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Mine is too. Only because my speaker doesn't work though, if it did I would use the ringtone from the movie "Crank". Its pretty sweet.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jr! View Post
    I have it on vibrate only while at work, my coworkers are getting quite unimpressed with the various chimes & what not coming from my pants....The pocket I mean!
    Yeah - sure! lol
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I only use vibe on both my work ë ë and my personal ë ë ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by scootersdaddy View Post
    Actually on the Pearl 8100 you get the same list in Advanced that you do in the regular Profiles menu. Unless maybe you guys have downloaded a newer operating system than the stock version or maybe you have a newer Pearl.

So if I shut off notifications for messages then the phone has it's ringtone back. Unless I'm missing something I can't make it have no vibration for messages but vibrate for a call.
    you need to create an exception to the 'rule' ... go to profiles/advanced then choose menu/new exception. the exception will be the ONE tone you want to hear. make sure that person has the tone set in their contact entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    Mine is too. Only because my speaker doesn't work though, if it did I would use the ringtone from the movie "Crank". Its pretty sweet.
    that's mine too! everyone thinks my phone is broken when it rings! i love it!

remember, vibrate will run the battery down faster than tones... i use the alerts or notifiers for email/sms/bbm. one vibe, one tone.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Didn't know there was any other option!! Mine stays on vib mainly because of work. If I am at home working and not by my berry (not likely) then its on normal But 99.9 % of the time its vib.

cadillacz713 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2438f811
    I keep my phone on vibrate most of the time except when I go to sleep just in case someone calls me or text me ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    I do the same thing, i usually at work or in class where chines are unappreciated and just the vibrate will do all the time, so i do not remember last time i had my blackberry on anything but that.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

Tinyk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2563B879
    I'm a new blackberry user coming from Nokia and was horrified to find no ring and vibrate at the same time. I went out a bought ring+vibe soft to make this happen and within a week took it off. There are so many option in a bb that it knocks the spots off a Nokia.

I now have my phone set to one vib and a single beep for e-mails - bbmessenger - msn messenger. Two vids and two beeps for SMS Texts and Three vibs and a ringtone for calls.

I find this great, never thought i would but if it vibs more than once i know i need to check it and by the third vib I know its a call and have answered it before it rings, this saves any annoance to anyone else. I keep the ringtone on just in case i have put it down in the house or as a backup for when its in the holder in the car and i dont happen to notice the screen showing a call.

Its just so damn amazing the amount of customisation you can do to these things.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Welcome to the dark side, Tinyk!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Lol!

Once you go to a Berry, there's now going back!

I don't think I could live without BB Alerts and my custom profiles. A normal phone just seems so limiting now!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Lol!

Once you go to a Berry, there's now going back! A normal phone just seems so limiting now!
    Full Ack

gator2418 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BDDBF
    I hate ring tones.....To me it say, " Look I have a Cell Phone" I had the Bold and took it back because the vibrate mood was sooo weak.....I am back to my faithful "Curve"
    " GROWN MAN GADGET"
    " WATCHA YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT"
    PIN# 249F0817

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    I like tones... decent, non-dangerous form of expression and individuality.

Having said that, I was one to have my phone on vibrate 100% of the time.

Till I lost my phone on trash day. if I had the ringer on, I probably would have been able to locate it.

Now, when at home, I like to keep my profile at "normal".

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have different ringers set for everyone in my phone book. I keep it as loud as possible just to bother ppl like you. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast