Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I'll be honest, I cannot stand ringtones. It really irks me when someone's phone, Blackberry ... General Blackberry forum

scootersdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone Else Set to Vibrate Only?

Advertisement

I'll be honest, I cannot stand ringtones. It really irks me when someone's phone, Blackberry or otherwise, goes off in public and they just sit there and let it blare some annoying midi file pop song for 20 seconds before answering. If my Pearl was set with a ringtone (even one that I liked) I would never get any work done period as it goes off every minute or two with emails, spam or a call.

So I just leave it on vibrate all the time and it's so much more peaceful. I find I can relax a little bit and not be as much of a slave to the device. If it vibrates I glance to see if it's a call and if the screen is black I can just ignore it for awhile.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yep I am one of those too :-) There is hardly ever a time when I need to hear a ring tone.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i rarely have my phone on anything but vibrate.. And my personal email is set to led only so I'm not bothered by stuff when I don't need to be!

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Me too. I set it so that when my gf texts or calls, it will actually ring, but she's the only one who gets that privilege.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

No kidding. You can customize who the phone rings for? I didn't know that...not sure if you can do that with my pearl or not...I actually would love to shut off the vibrate for emails and only have it for phone calls.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is that the real reason all youse guys have it set to vibrate?

C'mon, 'fess up.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    Vibrate all the time for me only because it needs to be on vibrate so often that I don't mind having it on vibrate all the time even when it doesn't need to be.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    Quote Originally Posted by scootersdaddy View Post
    No kidding. You can customize who the phone rings for? I didn't know that...not sure if you can do that with my pearl or not...I actually would love to shut off the vibrate for emails and only have it for phone calls.
    I have a pearl and you can totally do that! When you're in profiles go to advanced and just change what you'd like to ring and what you wouldn't!

krayed no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    Is that the real reason all youse guys have it set to vibrate?

C'mon, 'fess up.
    hahahahah

DataCentre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208759D5
    And I'd bet you'd be kicking yourself in the butt if you were walking in the wood with a buddy, and somewhere along your way, your phone fell out of your pocket, but lucky for you. Your bud has a cell phone, and you could call your phone to find it....but wait...you turned off the ringer. Well, there goes $600 down the toilet.

In other words, put on vibrate when really needed like out for supper or at the movies. Ringtones help....this actually happened to me.

DataCentre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208759D5
    ...Oh....I did have my ringer on, so got my phone.

Actually on the Pearl 8100 you get the same list in Advanced that you do in the regular Profiles menu. Unless maybe you guys have downloaded a newer operating system than the stock version or maybe you have a newer Pearl.

So if I shut off notifications for messages then the phone has it's ringtone back. Unless I'm missing something I can't make it have no vibration for messages but vibrate for a call.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Absolutely.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I never have my phone on any type of ringtone or vibration unless my mom calls (because I'm not driving right now) because I'm looking at the screen all the time which makes her mad LOL.

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    I only set mine to a ringtone when I sleep, so if someone calls while I'm sleeping it will wake me (getting a text won't wake me but calls will) but it's almost always on vibrate during the day.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast