Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm in the same boat as 180kid.. I have my 8100 for text, email, and ... General Blackberry forum

isotekmr2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Anyone carry two smartphones?

Advertisement

I'm in the same boat as 180kid.. I have my 8100 for text, email, and the net. A Nextel i860 for the unlimited incoming calls and year direct connect.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Text, text, text. They rarely actually make phone calls. So when I'm wanting to text them back, that full QWERTY on my 8700 sure looks a lot nicer than the T9 on the Moto!!
    This is so true. Now that I've been using a BB for so long, the thought of having to text on a regular cell phone is dreadful...

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    This is so true. Now that I've been using a BB for so long, the thought of having to text on a regular cell phone is dreadful...
    Lemme tell ya - is is dreadful!

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

I used to carry an iPhone and a sidekick, now I carry an iPhone and a Curve.

Both have things that the other doesn't. It's just.. nice to have.

Cost justified? ehhhhh.

EddyBrock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BA33BC
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I used to carry an iPhone and a sidekick, now I carry an iPhone and a Curve.

Both have things that the other doesn't. It's just.. nice to have.

Cost justified? ehhhhh.
    Am in the same boat as you, but I use a Sprint 8830 for Aim, texting, web, email, etc and Nokia N95 8gb for voice on AT&T and its amazing apps and 5 MP cam.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

LOL I will probably also be using 2 Pearls when I get my hands on either of the newest ones in January. One for data and one for voice.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Yes, 2 Pearls, one for gaming and bs, the other for productivity.
    I was hoping someone said that LMAO That'll be me switching the SIM card whenever one Pearl craps out

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

When I said was it a good look it was more so used as a figure of speech in regards to is it really worth it or would it just be plain stupid, and as for some of the reply's who said who cares if it looks good if you need it you need it don't worry about what the other people think -- sure that's fine and i completly agree with you but if that was the case and i needed to have two phones i really don't think i'd be posting and asking this question.

i simply asked the question due to the fact that i don't [FONT=Calibri]necessarily [/FONT]need two pda's it's more so the want factor.

so i was just curious if there was anyone out there who carry two smartphones because they WANT to, not because they NEED to. Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn01 View Post
    When I said was it a good look it was more so used as a figure of speech
    it's more so the want factor.

so i was just curious if there was anyone out there who carry two smartphones because they WANT to, not because they NEED to. Thats all.
    -----
    Thanks for the clarification. Now it all makes sense.

I fall into both categories:

1) During the week I carry one for work & one for personal.

2) During the weekend I carry two of my personal BB's of different sizes because I want to.

However that's only because I'm such a BB addict....

Cheers!

flandy no está en línea Stack level 1

I carry two phones because I want to. My curve is a work phone but I don't make a ton of calls so it could just be my only phone. My other phone is smaller but it is a smart phone(n75) technically. I don't always have both phones on me but I normally do. At one point in my life I carried three phones for different reasons and that was a little much. I like having the option on my n75 to browse at 3g speeds and the camera takes better pictures than my curve does but I can hook my curve up to my car stereo to listen to music. So I say carry the two phones get a bluetooth that pairs to both at the same time and if anybody asks your wife has one number and your girlfriend has the other number

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    LOL I will probably also be using 2 Pearls when I get my hands on either of the newest ones in January. One for data and one for voice.
    ------
    Sounds like the perfect plan!

In my case, that's what I enjoy about the AT&T family plan, I can have the second line for just $9.99 and have two BB's pulling minutes from the same bucket.

My sim swapping days are over ...

thetimekeeper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205064C7

I have three phones, a HTC Alpine PocketPC phone, a razr v3i and a Blackberry 8100 Pearl. Depending on my needs (and the number of pockets I have), I used to carry my Pearl in my right pocket and the PPC in my jacket inside pocket for Bluetooth A2DP music. Now that I've upgraded my Blackberry to the beta, it supports A2DP, so my poor PPC pretty much sits at home, and I only use it for ebooks and such. Now I only carry mY Pearl, does it all, push email, wireless music, browsing, etc, and smoothly too.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by glenn01 View Post
    Honestly, don't do it. Yea it's nice to have, but I would rather go back to having one phone. Unless you NEED it, it's kind of a waste. I thought I needed at the time, but I don't think I do anymore.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Iam about to purchase the nokia n95 or maybe the e90 only as to use as a 2nd to my first choice "BB"! I am using the 8310curve now and still haven't unsealed my new 8820 yet! I'm still up in the air reading reviews on the 2nokias

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B
    I used to, back in the old days carry a i95 and a Pocket PC. After I got the first BB I would carry the PPC for the media and note taking. That did not last for long. I can't see the want to load my pockets up with stuff. As gadget loving as I am my 8830 is covering all the bases for me. The only other device I carry now is my mp3 player and that is only until I transfer more songs to the BB.
    I want to carry another toy but I don't see anything that would not be from the department of redundancy department.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast