Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yeah so it's been quite a while since I've been to pinstack.. it's because I ... General Blackberry forum

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

Anyone carry two smartphones?

Advertisement

Yeah so it's been quite a while since I've been to pinstack.. it's because I got rid of my 8700 and went with a windows mobile based device but now I'm thinking about coming back.. and i was just wondering if anyone out there carry two smartphones?

I mean forget about the cost that's involved.

Right now I have a Razr and a Mogul that I carry around and I'm thinking about going with the Curve and the Mogul but I don't really know if it's a good look or not.. What do you people think?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Anyone carry two smartphones?

I used to carry a BlackBerry and a SideKick until I ditched the SK service.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by glenn01 View Post
    Yeah so it's been quite a while since I've been to pinstack.. it's because I got rid of my 8700 and went with a windows mobile based device but now I'm thinking about coming back.. and i was just wondering if anyone out there carry two smartphones?

Right now I have a Razr and a Mogul that I carry around and I'm thinking about going with the Curve and the Mogul but I don't really know if it's a good look or not.. What do you people think?
    The way it sounds to me is that you have two concerns.

1) Is to carry two devices
    2) Cool Factor.... how good you will look (or not)

For me it's about functionality. If you really need two, then use two. Who really cares how you look? After all if you really need to devices, then use two.

I carry two smartphones, one for business, and one for personal. Since I don't carry them side by side on my belt, I'm not looking geeky as no one can notice that I have two. There are a lot of advantages of two phones. So it's only a matter of decided what's right for you and not what others think. There is nothing that will prevent you from enjoying ultimate success faster than to worry what others think and allow them to dictate what you do , or don't do. Remember the little voice that guides you. This is there as your personal advocate. Do what's right for you and to heck with everyone else.

Cheers.....

I don't carry two smartphones, but sometimes I carry my 8700g BB and a Motorola V330 flip phone. I use the BB for PIM but I like the flip form-factor of the Motorola.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I carry a BlackBerry and an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I don't carry two smartphones, but sometimes I carry my 8700g BB and a Motorola V330 flip phone. I use the BB for PIM but I like the flip form-factor of the Motorola.
    ---
    This makes a lot of sense & I see others doing the same. One advantage of this practice is that you have a small regular mobile to use when you do not feel like carrying the larger BB.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

I agree with archer6. Who the heck cares about who thinks you're cool or not. If you need the two phones then there's not much you can do. I also carry 2 smartphones (Treo 750 and Blackberry Curve). I have the Treo for personal usuage because I send a lot of texts to my friends (about 2000 a month) and the Blackberry for the push email. I don't show them off but I think the reason for me having them makes sense. I could switch from the Treo to a flip phone but texting from anything except a smartphone is much harder for me.
    In short, do you! Don't let the haters bring you down!

Goodluck with your choice

scottjb no está en línea Stack level 2

I carry an 8830, provided by my employer, and an 8130 Pearl, which is my personal phone. I like the small size of the Pearl and use it primarily for email and Web browing. The Pearl goes in my front pocket and the 8830 in my back pocket when I carry it.

clickmouse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2076B7F6

Great reply archer6 and I agree fully. Do what you gotta do and who cares what others think. I use two Pearls one for personal and one for business. I decided to go with the second pearl because I just love the keyboard (major texting for personal and business), form factor, size and weight...perfect for my liking. And no I don't carry them side by side on my belt either LOL

Quote Originally Posted by clickmouse View Post
    Great reply archer6 and I agree fully. Do what you gotta do and who cares what others think. I use two Pearls one for personal and one for business. I decided to go with the second pearl because I just love the keyboard, form factor, size and weight...perfect for my liking.
    -----
    Sounds like you have the perfect combination for you!

That's precisely what I love about BlackBerrys, they have different sizes & form factors. This insures that each of us can have one or more that meet our needs perfectly.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying yours!

Cheers!
    Via Red BB Curve 8310

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I'm using an 8310 and a 8130 one for buisness. One for personal I personally don't care what anyone thinks. My phones are my babies my buisness
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Yes, 2 Pearls, one for gaming and bs, the other for productivity.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by glenn01 View Post
    Huh? Are you hoping to pick up chicks based on the devices that you carry?

Good luck!

I carry two BB's during business hours -- one work and one personal -- but ditch the work one after hours.

180kid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A1B95A

I used to carry a BB and a Windows Mobile device. Then, a good friend of mine on pinstack introduced me to Opera Mini. Now I carry a BB and a boost mobile i885 (only because I have unlimited voice & text for free). I like having just a phone sometimes.

But like others have said... Do You What You Do.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    ---
    This makes a lot of sense & I see others doing the same. One advantage of this practice is that you have a small regular mobile to use when you do not feel like carrying the larger BB.
    Only tiny difficulty with this is that my three kids don't call me ever - they text. Text, text, text. They rarely actually make phone calls. So when I'm wanting to text them back, that full QWERTY on my 8700 sure looks a lot nicer than the T9 on the Moto!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast