My dad had a pearl and switched to the curve a few months ago. When ... General Blackberry forum

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

Any way to get my email account username?

Advertisement

My dad had a pearl and switched to the curve a few months ago. When he got the curve he just made a new account for his email stuff. I have the pearl here and I am trying to deactivate his email on it because he wants to sell it. He doesn't know the username though, but we have the password. Is there any way to get the username for the mycinigular.blackberry.com?

Thanks.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Any way to get my email account username?

The username is the part of the email address before the @ sign.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

I know thats what it usually is, but it doesnt seem to be here. That is the username for his Curve account. Ahh. And when I try to make a new account it sas this PIN is already registered so I know I have to get the username.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

You can login to the BIS and tell it to resend your information. If they have already changed over his account from one IMEI to another, go to Options, Advanced, Host Routing Table, and "Register". Once you do this, it should release that phone from the BIS site and allow you to create a new account with that number or just release the information for you to wipe the device and sale it.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Just call ATT, and get the username for the site. Explain you have the password. You can make the site give it to you when select send me my password in the forgot password screen. Enter the device pin and get it. The folx at ATT and Verizon have been able to give me the username in the past. Then sign it to the site and delete the email account. Don't forget that when you are done, you will once again have to get the pin released so whoever he sells the phone to can register it. You can do this all with one call to the provider.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24
    My dad had a pearl and switched to the curve a few months ago. When he got the curve he just made a new account for his email stuff. I have the pearl here and I am trying to deactivate his email on it because he wants to sell it. He doesn't know the username though, but we have the password. Is there any way to get the username for the mycinigular.blackberry.com?
    You can remove the email accounts from BIS but you'd need to call the carrier's BB support group if you forgot the user name. Which isn't a big deal since you'd need to call them anyway to delete the BIS account before selling the BB.

It's a bit easier to handle things yourself if you transfer your BIS account to your new BB rather than create an entirely new one. The transfer will also free the PIN of the old BB.