Ok, heres the deal. I am sick of all the half assed (BB Weather isnt ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Any way to create a dynamic homescreen icon??

Advertisement

Ok, heres the deal. I am sick of all the half assed (BB Weather isnt terrible) weather apps for the BB. I dont need some icon on my homescreen that simply opens a web browser and points me to www.weather.com. Yes, it saves me the "hard" step of actually typing in the address (sarcasm folks), but otherwise it serves no purpose. Nor do I want a weather app that updates twice a day like the RIM application does (thats about as worthless as a twice daily stock quote update IMO!!) My question is as follows. Is it possible to have the home screen icons dynamically update? Is it possible to have the homescreen icon reflect an icon or a number from a webpage? My idea is that I would have the icon on the homescreen simply "point" to the temperature listed for my location on weather.com or some other similar site. This way, all I would need to do is simply glance at my BB to see the updated and real time temperature. Is this even possible? If so, how would it be done? Unless it is terribly complicated I might even try to do it myself if you all can help point me in the right direction.

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Any way to create a dynamic homescreen icon??

bump!