I have a blackberry 8830 (Sprint) that I use to access my corporate email. They ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Any way to sync with a BB server and a home computer?

Advertisement

I have a blackberry 8830 (Sprint) that I use to access my corporate email. They have a blackberry server, so all my email is pushed to the device. The problem is that I have around 80 contact on my home computer, and whenever I connect my blackberry to my home PC the work settings get erased and I need to re-initialize it the following day at the office. Is there any way to have the blackberry sync with my work BB server but still allow me to connect it to my home pc for synchronizing contacts and other information??

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Any way to sync with a BB server and a home computer?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ simple answer, no. If you use yahoo or gmail you can sych email (and I think gmail also sychs contacts), but that's all through BIS.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I sync with my BES and with Outlook at home all the time. The secret for the Address Book and Memopad is:
    On Blackberry
    1) Memopad: Options > Wireless Synchronization > No
    2) Address Book: Options > Wireless Synchronization > No

Via Desktop Manager on PC
    3) Synchonize with Outlook

4) Undo step 1
    5) Undo step 2
    6) Rep points to Bartok Batt.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ WOW, that's the first I've heard of it! Cool!

Thats interesting. So when you connect via your home computer it doesnt re-write the settings? Whenever I try it changes the BES settings to the default email address that my (home computer) outlook uses. How do you avoid that from happening? Also, is there a simple sync program that does nothing but takes (and allows you to edit) contacts from Outlook to your blackberry?

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Wifi4milez, that's what I do. I can edit my contacts on Outlook at home, on the Blackberry, or on lotus stinkin Notes at work. Wirelessly the Blackberry will synchronize with Notes, and then when I turn wireless sync off I sync Outlook at home via desktop manager. If yours is giving you troiuble with this then you may have installed Desktop Manager at home with the wrong settings. Go into (I'm doing this from memory so it may not be exact) PDA sync, then into Contacts/Notes, then configure Contacts and set it for Reconciling it so Desktop Manager will prompt you for discrepancies. There is no way to synchronize Gmail contacts since those are store neither on your home/work computer nor your Blackberry. If Google comes out with a way to sync to Outlook then you can get it with this method onto your Blackberry.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

wifi4miles, your problem is that you installed Desktop Manager with the BES option at home. The question it asks you is a bit misleading as it asks if you want to use BES or not. What it's actually asking is if the PC you're installing on has direct access to the BES. I''m guessing that your home PC isn't on the company LAN/WAN so you need to uninstall DM and reinstall with the BIS/internet option. That's exactly why you're having the problems that you're having. If you install with the BES option at home you'll break your BES email and wireless sync every time you sync at home until you sync at work again or perform an EA. Installing with the BIS/internet option will prevent DM from affecting your BES service books.

Once you've corrected your DM install, you'll need to toggle wireless sync off (and then back on when you're done) every time you want to sync at home. DM/Intellisync is the "simple sync program".
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-11-2007 at 12:38 PM.

I think for ease of use I will just only charge the BB from the wall charger at home instead of plugging it into my PC. I already managed to transfer all my contacts, so any additional ones I add can be inserted by hand. Thanks to all who helped out!

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

You may have an IT policy which prevents it too. Might should talk tot your BES Admin before doing things liek that. Especially since the company probably owns the BB and is paying the bill?