Yeah, I'm asking that in a Blackberry forum as I've been a blackberry user for ... General Blackberry forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Any sidekick 2008 users?

Advertisement

Yeah, I'm asking that in a Blackberry forum as I've been a blackberry user for a few years now and blackberry about to break for good. I'm trying to hold out for the javelin to come out on tmobile but just thought I'd give the sidekick a try. Its not a bad device, simple and to the point but not sure I'll keep it. Have 14 days to play with it. We shall see. Missing my spreadsheets already though.

First question for any users, how do you stop the scrolling message alerts from coming on the screen even when locked. Doesnt help much as far as privacy goes if the screen is locked but messages still show?

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    You'd probably have more luck http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f67/ <--there....

But I'll be the jerk and say it...http://www.hiptop.com/forums <--can help for sure!

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    When I was looking for a cell I went in and tried the Sidekick. Never made it past the flip. Then I tried the BB and never looked back.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I almost bought the SideKick 2008 as the trackball on my SideKick 3 is broken. I may still get it if I don't get the 8220 first.

Its a good msging/txting machine. Simple and to the point. It does carry that kid oriented crowd reputation but it does what it does good. It does it better than the iphone or g1. Of course I'm missing some of my bb apps already though. And I wish it was more private. Trackball alerts are a little too crazy though lol.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    You'd probably have more luck http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f67/ <--there....

But I'll be the jerk and say it...http://www.hiptop.com/forums <--can help for sure!
    That is now http://www.poweredbydanger.com

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    If you referring to how the text msgs and IM messages appear.I've had a few different SK's including the Sidekick 2008, that's just how the text messages come up at the top, there isn't a way to change it.

It goes away, its just how it comes up as soon as the message is received, same with AIM or other msngrs on it.

But I have a Curve now and refuse to use anything other than a Berry.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    My sister has a sidekick. Needless to say she's 12. Tried it out and meh. Don't get EDGE reception with T-Mobile where I live, but I do on AT&T.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by kingrykku27 View Post
    My sister has a sidekick. Needless to say she's 12.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    LoL, ok thats it. I'm going back to the curve. As a messenger and txter its hard to beat, even though they really need to use some sort of threaded txt'ing. Emails, I'm giving the edge to the blackberry, no pun intended
    Jeez, I keep leaving and coming back. Blackberry may be the most addictive thing I've ever experienced

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Yea I love my curve. Don't know if I'll try anything else right now.
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    Emails, I'm giving the edge to the blackberry, no pun intended
    *da dum chh!* haha Yeah it's a pretty decent texting device but that's about it. It has a not-so-good music player, and really, half the reason she got it was cause of the screen-flipping action XD